What you'll be doing...
Verizon Global Technology Services owns the infrastructure and platforms that is used to design, collaborate and build great customer experiences. We are looking for an experienced enterprise architect to evaluate, identify and build technologies that are re-usable, operationalized, and scalable.
You and your peers of end-to-end architecture team will partner with the business partners, product managers, IT Development, Security and TechOps teams to influence changes to our IT environments that give enterprise IT teams the ability to innovate and deliver products and services in support of our retail customers, employees generating $B's in revenue. You will influence our technology roadmaps and help re-engineer poor performing and costly legacy services and replace them with strategic ecosystem.
* Be responsible for the development of End to End Architecture of billing and customer experience related initiatives with system rationalization and billing modernization, moving to open systems, next generation technologies, and payments and collections rationalization.
* Create Architecture runways, Reference Architectures, High Level Designs and drive standardization of systems and decommission non-strategic systems.
* Work with business clients to ensure alignment and adoption of architectural decisions. Work with development teams to ensure successful transition from design to implementation. Work with testing teams to define and develop the Use Cases and testing strategy.
* Research and recommend new strategic decisions that influence Verizon's long term business decisions in areas such as moving to open systems, next generation technologies, network transformation, and Big Data.
* Promote shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow.
* Ensure that solutions do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
* Work with application SME (Subject Matter Experts) to provide a consensus based large project solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever-changing business needs.
* Regularly interface with senior management and executive level clients to ensure architectural decisions align with business directions
* Partner with the product development team to understand the strategy and architecture for future FiOS Data, Video, One Fiber growth.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience as a systems architect.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Familiarity with commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) billing / payments products such as NetCracker.
* Experience with leading design and architecture efforts across multiple functional teams.
* Experience with integration and design of large initiatives such as Billing Modernization, One Payments, One Collections.
* Ability to multitask, are well versed in the SAFe framework, Data architecture, Cloud architecture, emerging technology, proven record of building robust architectural models and partnering with other IT teams.
* A proven track record of impressive architectural skills and have the ability to groom junior resources to help the team grow.
* Ability to be organized, detail oriented, and efficient.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.