Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Software Engineer in Test - Apps, you will be building a bulletproof testing system that demands perfection for the millions of players enjoy Roblox every day. You will be responsible for validating the quality of the app against a myriad of platforms deploying on a rapid development cycle. The build will be shipped with confidence against regression and bugs thanks to a world-class testing suite that you built. If you are a testing guru and are obsessed with creating robust and invincible app reliability you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Lua Applications team.
* A testing veteran: you have 3+ years of professional experience in automation testing with a focus on mobile applications
* Excellence in programming: you have a strong background in at least one of the following programming languages: C++, Objective-C, Java, Lua, or Python
* A system builder: you have experience building a test automation systems from scratch, experience with Selenium is a plus!
* Obsessively testing: you have experience working with continuous integration environments and test systems including Teamcity and Jenkins
* Detail oriented: You do not miss crucial details and can identify critical areas that need verification
* A Team-player: you work well with other team members -- you can decide on next steps that considers all stakeholders while managing the technical implications for the team at large
* A Creator: you are excited to participate with design and product teams to create the best user experience possible
* Create a best-in-class test driver using C++, Objective-C, Java, Lua programming languages for the Roblox Game Engine
* Work with our continuous integration tools to seamlessly hook in new classes of tests and increase our automated test coverage
* Automate User Interfaces that are in React and Redux
* Integrate with Embedded QA to maximize their workflow and ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
* Work at warp speed and create coverage for code being released to millions of users at least once every week
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.