Warner Music Group
Associate Project Manager
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) - the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network - and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) - the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
Digital Operations is a cross-functional team that sits at the center of Warner Music Group within the Artist Services division. We build fan-focused and data-driven ecommerce stores, websites, and email marketing campaigns that deliver our artists' content to millions of fans around the world. We're the backbone of the marketing and ecommerce teams -- providing program and project management, production services, and full stack enterprise solutions while maintaining operational efficiency and scalability.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for leading, documenting, and managing complex and high-profile projects and creative campaigns across various channels, including but not limited to web and other marketing platforms. Working under the Project Manager or independently, the APM is a key role that ensures work is delivered on-time and successfully.
Here you'll get to:
* You will work with the project team to understand scope and requirements; review materials, timelines, guidelines, activities, and documentation.
* You will monitor timelines and progress of projects to ensure efficient, on-time delivery of work while being able to assess and address any issues or concerns that may impact the success of the project.
* You will coordinate and oversee US and global campaign launches for artists and brands
* You will regularly and effectively communicate to cross-functional team members about project status.
* You will work with developers and engineers to assess, document, and resolve any technical challenges affecting websites.
* You will gather development/design requirements and manage scope creep through change control, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time and on budget.
* You will delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to development team.
* You will understand the user experience in each project and ensure the fan journey is seamless.
* You will ensure privacy policies and legal guidelines are enforced.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
* You have excellent organizational and prioritization skills with ability to initiate and drive improvements.
* You have familiarity with project management techniques and tools (Confluence, JIRA, Visio, Gantt Charts).
* You have experience in excelling within fast-paced, high energy environments.
* You have the ability to execute and manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
* You have excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
* You have the proven ability to collaborate in a large group setting, as well as working through projects independently.
* You have a keen sense of urgency and strong follow-up skills.
* You have experience using a content management system (CMS), such as Drupal and other web tools/platforms.
* You have strong ability to exercise critical thinking and problem solving in a technical environment.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
* College degree preferred
* 2 - 3 years of experience in digital media or project management
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the "Apply" link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
About Warner Music Group
Warner Music Group is a music entertainment company.