Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media's networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Associate IT Administrator serves as the primary contact for all Vox Media employee IT needs in our New York office and is responsible for making sure the people on our team have the tools they need to do incredible work. The Associate IT Administrator will work closely with staff and actively engage in the troubleshooting of everyday IT requests as they arise. The ideal candidate is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to all employees and visitors to the Vox Media office. As Vox Media continues to grow, our Associate IT Administrator will play an essential role in enhancing the security and quality of Vox Media's IT infrastructure.
What you'll do:
* Follow defined processes and procedures to resolve standard IT support issues
* Daily monitoring of support issues
* Mac (and some PC) helpdesk support
* Perform basic Google Suite account maintenance tasks
* Follow instructions to install office hardware and software
* Upgrade office equipment, hardware and software as instructed by Service Desk Manager
* Maintain phones/lines (hardware as well as VOIP cloud)
* Troubleshoot A/V equipment and video-conferencing software and escalate when necessary
* Assist with routine employee onboarding and offboarding tasks
* Maintain and provision IT assets such as laptops, mobile devices and servers
* Work with cross-functional teams to improve employee engagement
* Escalate issues to next level of support
What you'll bring:
* Troubleshooting experience (hardware, software, network, A/V, etc)
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies
* Attention to detail and documentation
Bonus points for:
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and/or audio visual equipment
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits-including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun-and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is an online publisher focused on the sports, personal technology and gaming categories.