Job Description Req #: 1901929
Location: Summit, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Information Technology
Work Location: 556 Morris Avenue 07901
Organization: Information Technology
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
In this role as a Data Integration Lead, you will be responsible for the overall engineering, detailed design, implementation and ongoing operations of the Data Integration team and solutions (Data Integration, Data Federation, Data Virtualization, Data as a Service).
In this position, you will serve as the Sr. Data Integration Lead and work with the team for the initiation, design, delivery, support and continuous improvement of the Data Integration components of IT solutions. You will also ensure the Integration platform is kept up to date, maintained as needed and is sized to support the growth of our business.
You will lead a team of technical developers and production support, contracted staff, located in the Celgene offices in Seattle.
You will be expected to understand and comprehend the full scope of data managed, from data source through data consumption of the data domains managed within the Data Integration environment and ensure that business value is realized and data quality is proactively monitored and maintained.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Personnel Activities:
* Provide technical leadership/guidance to the team and be accountable for the implementation of best-in-class solutions.
* Manage workload and resource loading to facilitate successful completion of projects and production support tasks, including allocating resources appropriately to meet objectives, priorities and business needs and ensure team is fully utilized.
* Identify staffing requirements, develop justification and propose organization structure to support initiatives, utilizing external sources to augment internal capabilities as required, this includes managing on-shore as well as off-shore resources.
* In partnership with Solution Partners (SP), Enterprise Architecture (EA), and Enterprise Information Management Architect (EIMA) teams develop, update, maintain, implement and socialize Celgene data integration strategy
* Ensure integrations are planned and leveraged strategically to re-use and simplify the data integration landscape.
* Collaborate with EA, EIMA, SP and other IT project teams to ensure strategic systems/data sources are leveraged appropriately
* Identify innovative integration technologies to advance our practices.
* Provide guidance to EA/EIM, Solution Partners and project teams early in the process to support architecture and design of integrations
* Lead the Data Integration team in the initiation, design, delivery, production support and continuous improvement of Data Integration components of IT solutions.
* Lead the support operations, including tracking issues and managing their resolution within agreed SLAs
* Proactively analyze and optimize Data Integration performance
* Develop and manage team SOPs, integration design standards, and procedures to support the execution of team workload and projects.
* Manage user access to the system and ensure appropriate training is available.
* Contribute to the overall planning and prioritization of projects by recommending approaches, tasks and identifying resource needs.
* Review and approval of vendor SOW's for project data integration efforts
* Manage SLAs, KPIs, etc. with a managed services provider.
* Interface with business clients, and other IT organizations to analyze business and data integration requirements and ensure requirements are incorporated into integration solution designs per agreed business timelines.
* Lead all aspects of integration design, both creating and documenting detailed designs and technical specifications as well as reviewing and approving designs if done by contracted partners
* Accountable for overall design quality, project deliverables, testing, ongoing continuous improvement and production support
* Assists with preparing test plans, test data, reviews, and ensuring testing is executed according to plan for both validated and non-validated integrations.
* Responsible for ensuring all validation deliverables are completed for integrations that are determined to be GxP (Requirements Impact Assessments, Specifications, Risk Assessments, Design and Configuration Specifications, and Validation Protocols)
* Collaborate with Infrastructure teams for capacity planning / performance optimization
* Manage Data Integration tool(s) vendor relationships, monitor tool strategy, improvements and upgrades and determine applicability for Celgene and provide recommendations to management regarding upgrade strategies.
* Monitor latest industry innovations in Data Integration and provide recommendations to management.
* Skills/Knowledge Required:
* 10+ years of overall IT experience.
* 5+ years direct experience with at least one leading Data Integration tool suite, preferably with Dell Boomi, following Agile development processes
* Experience building or working with validated (GxP) integrations required
* Must have prior Data Integration engineering/design and development experience.
* Must have extensive technical knowledge and experience in defining Data Integration strategies, practices and standards and implementing Data Integration solutions.
* Strong vendor management and communication skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop team members; including the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal stakeholders, vendors and third-party system integrators.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or a similar technical discipline.
* Nice to have establishing data integration patterns and reference architecture experience
* Nice to have Cloud/AWS based data integration solutions experience.
* Nice to have data cataloging and data governance experience.
* DevOps and Agile Scrum experience.
* Nice to have prior budget management experience
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.
Celgene is a biopharmaceutical company.