Job Description Req #: 1902549
Location: Summit, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Project Leadership
Work Location: 556 Morris Avenue 07901
Organization: Project Management
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
This position will support the Biologics CMC Program Leadership function and Biologics CMC Project Teams. The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the implementation of a knowledge management system for all biologics CMC projects in Celgene's portfolio. He/she will work with the Biologics CMC Team Leads, technical subject matter experts, and CMC technical writing group to transition from the current document storage system into a new, more effective CMC project information system. The Project Manager may also support the day-to-day activities of one or more Biologics CMC teams. This role requires the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative and cooperative working relationships with team members across different functions and at different levels within the organization.
The roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* With input from the Biologics CMC Program Leadership, Technical Writing lead, team leads, and team members, implement the transition to an electronic knowledge management system for biologics CMC documents.
* Work closely with team members and subject matter experts, providing guidance and support on how to effectively transfer documents into the knowledge management system and help ensure timely transfer and maintenance of content.
* Interface with team members to drive document transfer process, identify barriers for execution, and suggest ways of overcoming such barriers.
* Manage content transfer process and develop guidance to ensure that information is properly stored and tagged across all line functions and development programs.
* Proactively identify knowledge gaps and work with the teams and team leaders to develop mitigation plans.
* Effectively manage team meetings, including the scheduling of meetings, the preparation of agendas, the development of meeting minutes, and the follow up on action items using effective PM tools and systems.
* Manage and drive project timelines with the teams and sub-teams and escalate issues to senior leaders in collaboration with the project leader.
* Responsible for the preparation of status reports.
* Promote a culture of collaboration, cooperation, cross functional inclusion, execution excellence, effective communication and cross-functional problem-solving to become a high-performing team.
* Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple medium scale projects and programs from definition through implementation and adoption.
* Ability to meet established deadlines; a self-starter and able to work independently as well as be a team player.
* Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for better alignment, enhanced efficiency, and process improvements.
* Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
* Must be competent in Project Management tools and methodologies
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience: at least 4-5 years in Pharmaceutical Development (small molecules or biologics) and 2-3 years in Project Management or equivalent. PMP certification desirable.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.
Celgene Corporation is a biopharmaceutical company.