It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
As a NOC Support Engineer for our Video and CDN Platforms, you will be responsible for addressing complex video streaming issues related to encoding and playback , live and linear streaming along with Ad insertion workflows pertaining to the Video Platform. You will also deal with a range of CDN issues from DNS, Network and customer configurations. As a member of NOC Support Team, you will be a point of escalation and contact for customers and internal teams.
* Be a member of a team providing 24x7x365 support in our Network Operations Center.
* Resolve complex technical issues related to the video creation and delivery workflow for all our customers
* Address escalation of issues from our Technical Support centers that handle network and customer issues
* Assist with automating and scripting repetitive tasks where needed
* Participate in knowledge creation and sharing to all team members and to our customers
* Act as the subject matter expert for assigned products/service offerings
* Work with Product teams to make sure that new services and features can be effectively supported
* Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS or relevant engineering, NOC, Operations Support experience
* Strong Linux Skills
* Experience using network protocol commands
* Solid understanding of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS
* Must be technically "savvy" and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, social skills and communication skills by having professional experience in customer facing role in a technology oriented/driven environment utilizing variety of communication tools such as email, phone /video bridges, and ticketing systems
* A solid understanding of monitoring tools and network troubleshooting
* Experience troubleshooting multi-tiered applications and streaming media protocols(HLS/DASH/RTMP/HDS)
* Scripting Experience: BASH, Python, Perl
* Deep understanding of web application protocols
* Experience with Apache, IIS, NginX, lighttpd or any other web servers
* Advanced knowledge of HTTP caching
* Experience with Linux administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security procedures desired
* Experience as an application or systems/network engineer
* Experience with enterprise/network/video architecture monitoring tools or applications
* Experience with supporting web applications running on the cloud
* Experience with SQL, MS SQL and NoSQL databases desired
* Ability to multitask, do effective prioritization along with time management and organizational skills
* Exposure to interactive TV/VOD or media industry desired
* Proficient in HTTP, Web applications, Web Performance and Content Delivery applications
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.