Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That's why we need smart, humble, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We're big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
What You'll Do:
* Architect Tumblr's rapidly expanding infrastructure
* Test and tune network, hardware, and software configurations to maximize performance
* Create tools and infrastructure used by the rest of the Tumblr engineering teams
* Manage the availability, scalability, and performance of Tumblr platforms
* Guide Tumblr's engineering teams to keep new features fast and stable
What We're Looking For:
* Experience scaling high-traffic distributed systems
* Experience administering a large number of Linux servers in multiple data centers
* Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach
Tools We Like:
* Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet
* Ruby, Go, Scala, PHP
* Varnish and HAProxy
* Hadoop, Flink, Spark, Druid
* MySQL (InnoDB), Memcached and Redis
* Asynchronous services and queues like Dkron and Gearman
From art to music to dank memes to social justice, we're proud to serve all the subcultures that call Tumblr home, and even more proud of the impact they have on the world. No matter what team you work on here, you'll be working to give our users a voice, and to make that voice heard far and wide.
If you're a performance hound who isn't afraid of impossible challenges - or is afraid and will prepare accordingly, come work with us!
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.