Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
Clearing Markets Iss Services Tech is looking for a Transformational Leader to join as an Architect, Application Development, for the growing team. Following are the responsibilities:
* Candidate will work with our internal LOBs to review legacy system documentation and features and define target -state solution and roadmap.
* Candidate will apply Design Thinking in creating Modern, Lightweight and Enterprise-Ready Solutions and Architectures using the latest technologies to build advanced applications, enterprise ready Services/ Microservices platforms.
Architect, Appl Development->> Designs technical infrastructure for applications. Translates user requirements to process data needs. Designs application technical infrastructure such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, testing approach, and tools. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools. Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies by consulting with the project teams and assisting the groups in their technical training needs. Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms. Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support. Advocates for change to provide innovative, creating technology solutions as appropriate to meet client needs. Helps resolve system problems affecting primary applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
* Prior Mainframe Modernization experience.
* Rearchitect. Materially alter the application code so you can shift it to a new application architecture and fully exploit new and better capabilities of the application platform.
* Rebuild. Rebuild or rewrite the application component from scratch while preserving its scope and specifications.
* Replace. Eliminate the former application component altogether and replace it, taking new requirements and needs into account.
* Proficiency in following development subject areas:-
* Service Oriented Architecture
* Business/Enterprise Architecture
* Patterns and Design
* Agile Development
* Data/Information Architecture Component Based Development
* Demonstrated understanding of issues surrounding data projects, such as data acquisition, data enablement, data visualization.
* Strong implementation experience with "API first" approach.
* RESTful API design and implementation, including:
Experience in monolith application decomposition and microservices architectures.
* Experience in modern DevOps workflows including:
Tools such as Git, Jira, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Containers, PaaS and CaaS - Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Mesosphere/DCOS, Docker, ADDI, zDT, IDz, Unit test automation etc.
* Experience in agile methodologies SCRUM etc.
Agile delivery and testing - Continuous Integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing.
* Experience providing guidance to the delivery teams to detail out the Solution Architecture into implementable Technical Designs.
Candidate should have in-depth understanding of Mainframe engineering and Application skills with Modernization expertise.
Successful candidate will have holistic as well as deep development knowledge in various programming languages and mainframe environments, including the latest frameworks and patterns in microservices development.
Developer with a combination of skills in some (or all) of the following:
* COBOL, JAVA, Assembler
* ISPF Panels, CLIST, Skeletons, REXX
* VSAM, IMS DB, DB2
* CICS, IMS DB/DC
* ESP, CA-7
* Test Automation frameworks
* Agile, SCRUM, KANBAN, SAFe methodologies
* Midrange platforms
Superior written and oral communications skills are mandatory.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 8-10 years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45007
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1901147
About Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation