Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle Service Cloud is an industry leading Multi-Tenant Cloud based Web, Social and Contact Center Solution. We serve about 8 million customers per day and 2 billion transactions per month.
As a product in the Oracle RightNow Web Experience portfolio, Oracle RightNow Chat Cloud Service enables consumers to engage with companies through the chat channel as a premium Web experience.
As a service running inside Oracle RightNow's service enterprise platform which provides transparent reliability, unmatched security, and total Cloud freedom for mission critical customer experience delivery, Oracle RightNow's Chat Cloud Service meets or exceeds the standards of security, reliability, and performance. The Oracle RightNow Chat Cloud Service is based upon a grid computing architecture, which uses parallelized logic execution and distributed fault-tolerant data storage.
We are currently working on developing the Oracle RightNow Chat Cloud Service as a platform for all Oracle products and building joint integrations to enhance the unified, cross channel experiences for our consumers.
We're looking for an expert in client-server technologies, web development, and Windows applications, a sharp professional, ambitious with a passion for technology, possessing innovative, creative, and agile characteristics. We embrace those that are multi-function with no cross business boundaries and do whatever it takes because we approach the day in the same way as we would running our own company.
If you are a hardcore technologist and client developer, with direct experience in the building and operations of distributed global client applications, isolating "timing" problems and memory leaks, and multi-threaded concurrency issues in large scale complex environments, this could be the job for you.
As an applications developer you will:
* Develop both server and client facing components
* Work with the latest groundbreaking web 2.0 technologies and to stay up-to-date on new technologies and architectures, and propose ways to implement them into the software engineering process
* Integrate technologies in a complex environment that connects web and desktop clients to cloud services
* Develop compelling user interfaces
* Partner with product management to develop and drive enhancements in existing agent channel applications and standards for next generation applications
As an experienced Software Engineer, you're a professional at a majority of these technologies and methodologies and are comfortable working with them daily:
Server Side Multi-threaded programming in Java
Client Side Windows applications in C#, WPF
Object-oriented analysis and design, and design patterns
RESTful Web Services
Agile/Scrum development methodologies
As a professional engineer, it is expected you possess the personal attributes that allow you to stand out among your peers and achieve the highest standards of individual performance. Some of those attributes include:
* You are positively collaborative at working with a variety of teams and in some cases being their leader and informal project manager.
* You are people focused given that you've worked on distributed systems that support millions of consumers and you thrive on the opportunity to interact with customers that deploy our solution.
* You are a team player enjoys brainstorming, celebrating the work of others, facilitating successful compromises, and achieving team results.
* You keep customer interests foremost, provide On-Call production support during weekly, monthly and quarterly deployments.
Although the following locations are preferred, this can be a Work-At-Home position for the right candidate: Atlanta, GA; Boulder CO; Bozeman, MT
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.