Applications Architect / Solutions Architect - Design Authority
Req #: 190057261
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced application architect and senior software engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-generation solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of agile requirements analysis, contemporary design practices, modern development processes & tools, and effective testing strategies will help your teams raise their game in meeting your standards to satisfy functional and non-functional business requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic technical direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embrace leading-edge technologies and methodologies will inspires the teams to follow suit to deliver powerful solutions for the business. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business systems development processes
* Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, enterprise design patterns, and industry best practices
* Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
* Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Batch, Spring Web Services and other Spring family of frameworks
* Prior experience building internet scale web services/APIs from the ground up
* Expert level experience in designing and building REST web services using Java at internet scale
* Experience implementing industrial-grade APIs on gateway products like Apigee, Datapower, etc.
* Strong understanding of domain driven design, Microservices patterns and architectures
* Experience with building messaging, and event-driven architectures
* Knowledge of Big Data and related technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.
* Experience designing, developing, and deploying with high transaction volume, mission critical applications with very large user base
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Experience with tuning high volume applications
* Thorough knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
* Previous experience working in financial services
* Experience with caching products like Gemfire and Hazelcast
* Experience working with no-SQL databases like MongoDB and Cassandra
* Previous experience with several languages and programming paradigms
* Sound familiarity with important standards, tools, and techniques
* Knowledgeable in enterprise architecture, modern runtimes (including Cloud platforms), networking, storage & databases, and security
* Broader understanding of technology delivery - UX, dev, QA, and production management
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today. Apply Now
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.