Cloud Security Engineer
Req #: 190067297
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Bachelor/Masters in computer science/computer/electrical engineering/math/physics
* Experience designing automation for security, availability, scalability, and cost transparency
* Experience with solution architecture/documenting software architectures
* Understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the intersection with cloud architecture
* Understanding of infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles
* Hands-on, applied and delivery focused
* Finance experience a bonus, however non-finance background with cloud engineering experience is welcomed
* Detailed understanding of Cloud security fundamentals, including cryptography and the shared responsibility model
* Experience with the AWS cloud platform including AWS services such as RDS, Kinesis, Dynamo DB, EMR, EC2
* Detailed understanding of AWS Security principles and services, AWS Config, AWS IAM, AWS KMS, AWS networking from a security perspective
* Experience in securing AWS services such as RDS, Kinesis, EMR etc..
* Experience in the following subjects would also be beneficial:
* Threat modelling and security design experience in methodologies such as STRIDE or PASTA
* Understanding of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities and remediation
* Development experience in Java, Python
* Container security and Kubernetes
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.