We are building ADP's next big business and have the agility of a startup with the resources of a fortune 500, which you can leverage and grow based on our compelling applications and vision that you will help define and execute.
Our industry is changing and so is how we build applications. Together with Lifion's leadership team, you will have the ability to shape your role and your team; the opportunity for growth is only limited by your ability to execute and drive results.
As an Application Development Manager, you are going to lead one or more teams building applications on top of our state-of-the-art platform, as well as influence the future direction of the platform. It is a cross-functional mix of Business Analysis, Development Management, Product and UX with people leadership and technology curiosity at its core.
YOU SHOULD JOIN IF YOU ARE:
* High velocity and hands-on:
The type of person who can't sit still and instantly goes after the next idea or opportunity, brings it to the team or does it themselves, as long as it gets done quickly and with high quality.
* Love getting product to market more than any specific technology:
We use the Lifion platform to build applications (think rules-engine on steroids), which allows us to create applications with extreme pace and limited code, but also comes with some limitations that we can improve by coordinating with the platform teams.
* An energizer & people leader:
We are a fast growing team and are looking for leaders who will help us energize and lead--not from authority, but with inspiration and knowledge.
* A product delivery leader and strong problem solver:
We are building applications while developing our next-gen platform. We are basing the way we architect and build applications on CS fundamentals, but are innovating to continue to accelerate and allow for federated development across the globe.
* Design and oversee development of HCM applications your team is responsible for
* Ensure applications built are stable and scalable
* Conduct design reviews with team and ensure best practices are adhered to
* Coordinate with teams across the entire program to ensure alignment with developers' needs
* Mentor and train application developers
* Act as a focal point for best practices
* Collaborate with UX and Product on cross functional teams
* Gather and present requirements for new features
* Identify Risks and break down barriers to development progress
* Conduct regular team health checks and present progress to stakeholders
* Conduct Performance Reviews and ensure honesty and fairness
* Be able to drive best practices and foster partnerships with other teams
* 10+ years of experience with full cycle application development (Full SDLC experience: architecture, design, development, delivery, etc.)
* Experience managing at least one product development team
* Strong CS and product development fundamentals (design patterns, database schema design, data modeling, API design and considerations, design by promise, quality concepts including TDD & BDD approaches)
* Experience in an iterative, Agile environment
* Cross-functional familiarity with Product Management and UX
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.