ADP is hiring an Associate Application Developer experienced in developing web applications using Java and REST APIs.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
The Associate Application Developer contributes to the design and development of our applications by adhering to the overall architecture and coding practices.
Responsibilities include design, development, maintenance, refactoring, writing unit test, and documentation. Our software is built on AWS and uses latest design principles and technologies. We work in an Agile development model and use the best CI/CD processes.
Things You'll Do:
* Participate in design, implementation and documentation of different application modules
* Follow best practices (Scrum, Refactoring, code standards, TDD)
* Regularly attend all Scrum ceremonies
* Create and document REST APIs using RAML/Swagger
* Write Java unit tests and be responsible for the overall quality of the code produced
* Collaborate with Product Management to clarify requirements and designs
* Support critical issues based on the urgency
* Work with Development Manager and provide regular status update
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related engineering field or equivalent experience.
* 1-3 years of software engineering/development experience, specifically at least 1+ years of experience in design and development of Java based web applications
* Experience with object-oriented design and analysis
* Experience with the complete software development lifecycle; experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, XP)
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to author technical and application design and issue documents.
* Experience collaborating with Senior Technical Staff
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.