who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
We are currently hiring an Application Developer skilled in Java, J2EE and related technologies, to join our Chicago team. The developer will be responsible for maintaining the current Java code to meet business demands. Our ideal candidate must have a strong foundation of Java and SQL software development and must have experience within an agile development environment.
* Participate in project planning sessions with architects and team members to analyze business requirements and outline proposed solutions
* Identify and scope functional and technical work units required to implement proposed solutions
* Complete implementation of functional and technical work units, including unit tests required to validate correctness and prevent regression
* Providr oversight and guidance for junior developers, including periodic code review and pair programming
* Keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies that help to develop better software faster
* Understand OO design patterns
* Work closely with Business Analysts and Implementation staff to understand requirements and deliver software that meets customer needs
* 3+ years of experience in Core Java Language Skills
* Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
* 2+ years of experience with Hibernate and Spring
* 1+ years of experience with SQL
* Preference to working with Agile Software methodology
* Experienced with unit test tools: JUnit, TestNG, Mokito, or JMock
* A keen eye for usability and design in customer facing software
* Previous involvement in Agile development environments and familiarity with Agile development processes
* Familiarity with the following tools or technologies: SQL / TSQL (SQL Server 2000 or 2005), Eclipse, Maven / Hudson / Jenkins / Nexus, Message Oriented Integration / JMS (ActiveMQ) / ESBs (ServiceMix or MULE)
* Experience with Spring MVC, Grails, Google Web Toolkit, Swing is a plus
* Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
* Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InnerWorkings, Inc. is the marketing execution firm serving brands across a wide range of industries.