JP Morgan Chase
Site Reliability Engineer
Req #: 190013037_1
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a JPMorgan Chase & Co. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) you will combine software and systems to help us build a world-class engineering function. Working with your team, you'll focus on improving our production applications and systems to creatively solve operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We are excited to see what you will bring to our team.
* Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-incident evaluations and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development teams throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design performance tests, identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization and capacity demands, and present solutions for continuous improvements
* Design best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end-to-end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Expert in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, delivering software
* Expert practitioner in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert, able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components such as routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.