At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it's conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Over a third of the Fortune 100 and thousands of other growing customers count on the reliability and power of the PagerDuty service for their IT Operations. PagerDuty continues to accelerate the pace of innovation of our services and apps by leveraging Agile and Continuous Integration practices.
In this role you will contribute to PagerDuty's accelerated growth by supporting agile product development teams on a day-to-day basis. You'll also be building processes and practices that will allow us to scale to the next level of delivery excellence. You should be ready and able to do anything in your power to help the team perform at its highest possible level.
* Establish and uphold Agile values and principles including collaboration, fostering a culture of openness, team self-organization, continuous improvement and flexibility to adapt to emerging business needs.
* Identify and remove impediments, sharpen team focus, and operationalize continuous improvement with the team.
* Actively partner with the Product Owner and Technical Lead to maintain an effective work backlog for the team.
* Build a collaborative, trusting and safe environment where open communication helps to bring issues to the surface for faster resolution where missteps are seen as learning opportunities.
* Mentor and coach team members on Agile best practices and performance in their respective roles.
* Help the team identify and track key performance metrics to maximize efficiency and velocity.
* Track and communicate team velocity and throughput to provide transparency across the company.
* Lead the team to consistent capacity and performance metrics. Analyze and present data in a fashion that helps all stakeholders achieve delivery and business goals.
* Help the team develop and track Key Performance Indicators and use them to achieve committed goals.
Required skills and qualifications
* Effective communication, collaboration, and leadership skills are as important as mastery of Agile methodologies.
* 5+ years as a Scrum Master or Agile project manager for a software development team
* Experience leading the development of new services and maintaining live systems
* Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques: Release planning, Scrum of Scrums, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Paired Programming, Automated Testing
* Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Previous engineering management, product management or product design experience, especially in an Agile environment, a plus
* Advanced experience configuring the JIRA project management tool is a plus
* We value a results oriented, solution oriented approach over dogma. Projects are often highly technical in nature and leverage cutting edge technologies with tight timelines.
* Having a development background can be a plus.
How We Work
PagerDuty Engineering teams are set up to be mini innovation pods. We practice what we preach, and believe that every engineer can build great products to delight our thousands of customers.
Teams are set up to be able to achieve success autonomously while remaining accountable for results. Every team has full vertical ownership of their own services and are able to release as frequently as they want to. We practice the mantra of 'Code It. Ship It. Own It.' and believe that teams are most successful when they are able to own every decision in order to run their software. Every team gets to be a part of our growth by building highly resilient and durable software that scales from our startup customers to Fortune 100 companies.
We deploy over 1000 times a month and every engineer is able to ship high quality software to production on their own. Teams own their own tests and yes, we use PagerDuty to manage incidents. Teams own their own way of working and can use the agile practices of their choice to work collaboratively via incremental delivery.
We support engineers to explore ideas via monthly Hack Days, actively attack our own infrastructure weekly to learn and get better, host an annual internal technical conference called PagerCon, ask our engineers to represent PagerDuty at industry events, and contribute to the open source community.
Each team has a dedicated Engineering Manager, Product Owner, and agile coach to help support our people and teams to be successful. We believe that Management is a separate skill set and have different career paths for our engineers and managers including a full 'stay technical' career track.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
PagerDuty is a company providing solutions which protect businesses from downtime and system unreliability.