At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it's conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is growing, and we are looking for an experienced, Senior Salesforce Developer to help design and implement a world-class, global network. As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will help architect, build, and support PagerDuty's growing business application environment - ensuring availability, reliability, and security for our users and critical business data.
About the Role
Together with the other members of the business applications team, you will have the opportunity to re-define how PagerDuty, designs, builds, and maintains a growing suite of applications around the world.You are right for this role if you excel at solving multi-faceted problems, managing large volumes of data, and building world-class tools that drive impact. The ideal candidate is able to deeply understand the core business problem being addressed, balance speed and quality, and provide solution alternatives.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
* Collaborate with various stakeholders to conceptualize, develop, interpret, and analyze requirements to align business process efficiencies and improvements with system functionality, and ensure the accuracy of information feeding into the CRM systems.
* Develop custom solutions within Salesforce (Apex/Visualforce/Lightning Framework).
* Verifying and regressions testing of new and existing functionality before release to end users.
* Maintain and continuously improves Lead to Order process enabled with Salesforce, Zuora, Salesforce CPQ, SpringCM, Marketo, DocuSign and any other related sales & procurement enterprise applications.
* Implement process improvements and automations through Apex to optimize operational and support processes.
* Create and update documentation to assist with maintaining and triaging newly-developed applications of integrations.
* 3+ years Salesforce.com development experience
* Experience developing Apex triggers and both synchronous and asynchronous Apex classes.
* Experience creating custom visualforce pages and components
* Experience building rich user experiences with custom Lightning components.
* Knowledge on Force.com coding best practices
* Experience in Salesforce Lightning Design System, SOQL & SOSL, and the Salesforce data model.
* Ability to translate technical requirements into independent features for development.
* Proficiency in developing unit tests with assertions for core functionality
* Self-starter, reliable team player with ability to deliver projects on-time
* Ability to thrive in high-intensity, rapidly changing environment, and to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
* Experience with Zuora, Salesforce CPQ, and Netsuite
* 1+ year experience with Agile Methodology
* Experience at SaaS company
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
PagerDuty is a company providing solutions which protect businesses from downtime and system unreliability.