Ernst & Young
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Recognizing the changing and fast-paced professional world, a successful Technology Solutions Delivery (TSD) Finance Management Manager will work with our clients to transform their business problems into technology solutions. You will team with engagement leadership to design, build and deploy technology solutions which helps our clients enhance the operating effectiveness of the finance and operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Your Key Responsibilities
Managing project teams through all phases of the technology delivery life cycle. Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, system design and interfacing requirements.
Our clients are always looking for ways to be more efficient and cost effective, you will advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities.
Skills and attributes for success
You will ideally will have previous exposure in supporting technical aspects of Finance Transformation programs in areas such as general ledgers, sub-ledgers, financial close and reconciliations. You will possess excellent communication skills and an inclination to bond with our clients to provide an outstanding service delivery experience.
To qualify for the role you must have
* 5+ years of work experience, including 3+ year of system implementation execution, system implementation design, and/or lean / six-sigma operational improvement projects
* A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience at a financial services company or comparable experience working
* Used business process, organizational and technology capabilities and knowledge across several of the following focus areas:
* Finance Strategy (Vision, Mission, Guiding Principles)
* Financial Accounting and Reporting operations/technology
* Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting operations/technology
* Performance Management and Measurement (KPIs, business driver-based metrics)
* General Ledger/ERP Systems features/functionality
* Subledger and Data Warehousing features/functionality
* Financial Close and Reconciliations features/functionality
* Statutory Reporting Systems features/functionality
* Enterprise Technology Expense Reduction
* Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a team of technology advisors through all phases of the technology life cycle, based on proven project management and testing methodologies
* Possess a deep knowledge of technical architecture design and have a good understanding of technology tools and components to reasonably argue for and against all components (middleware, database, reporting tools, etc.) in financial systems architecture
* Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-70%
Ideally, you'll also have
* Post-graduate / Graduate degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field
* Project experience in the following areas:
* Finance transformation and accelerated close; sub-ledger/ledger redesign; management reporting enhancement, business intelligence/decision support; enterprise application integration; financial planning, budgeting and forecasting; business/merger Integration; reconciliation redesign or improvement
What we look for
We look for the individual who has the ability to adapt and willing to collaborate in changing circumstances. You will have the dedication and commitment to lead the project and guide junior team members to reach the end goal efficiently and effectively.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
* A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
* Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
* An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.