CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Corporate
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film and interactive. CBS' businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Network 10 Australia, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports Network, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, Pop, Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations and CBS Experiences.
The Virtualization Engineering team provides engineering and operation efforts for Workplace Cloud technologies. She or he needs to be hands on with the technology and be able to engage with engineers, operations staff, vendors, and be very comfortable with the technical concepts. The Virtualization Engineer will also be engaged to create technical solutions where a product does not yet exist so the role requires good general understanding of enterprise-level infrastructure technologies.
* Day-to-day support of virtual workspace platform, including user on boarding/off boarding, manage software packages and delivery and manage policies.
* Engineering and implementation of AWS Workspaces, Citrix Virtual Apps/Desktop and/or VMWare Horizon
* Migrating, architecting, building, and deploying systems and applications to AWS/Citrix/VMWare.
* Package applications using industry standard tools.
* Identify KPIs, collect data, spot & analyze trends, and be able to represent product quality and execution.
* Lead the implementation of technical projects to achieve delivery of releases of key products and solutions.
* Define and document procedural guides for testing and rolling out of new solutions and procedures.
* Minimum of 3 years in an infrastructure role within a media & entertainment firm or firm with equivalently demanding technology consumption.
* Deep knowledge and experience with Microsoft Desktop OS, Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration, Active Directory, GPO etc
* Deep knowledge on desktop virtualization technologies, preferble AWS Workspaces, Citrix Virtual Apps/Desktop and/or VMWare Horizon
* Deep knowledge in application packaging using industry standard tools (Flexara AdminStudio, EMCO etc)
* Previous experience with automating application testing
* Previous experience in scripting: Powershell, VBScript
* Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Experience leading requirement analysis sessions with end users, project meetings and project review meetings with specific agenda items involving both business and technical teams to successfully manage their expectations
* Ability to empathize with the end user, technical user, and understand their needs and be able to craft a user experience that allows them to succeed
* Excellent team-working, collaboration and inter-personal skills
* Ability to remain calm and be able to execute under pressure (e.g. critical outages, delivery deadlines)
* Undergraduate Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled