Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Web Software Developer to join our team.
* Develops Web based applications, including online customer service, to enable agency components to deliver their services online.
* Develops the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the web-site.
* Provides support for the implementation of interfaces to Web-based applications. Performs all functional duties independently.
* Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
* Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* Assist team with preparation of cost estimates
* A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in business analysis, software development and/or related field
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
* Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel
* Extensive knowledge of and experience in software development and testing, preferably using different methodologies and lifecycles (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc)
* Extensive experience evaluating software designs against business and technical requirements to ensure correctness
* General familiarity and experience with project management methodologies/disciplines, especially in the areas of scope, cost and schedule management
* Extensive experience leading small teams and/or technical projects in the successful completion of assigned goals/objectives
* Extensive experience writing and reviewing a broad range of technical documentation, especially technical specifications and design documents
* Knowledge/experience with:
* Agile Methodologies
* SDLC practices
* Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc)
* Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
* Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident
Education: A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related discipline is preferred
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Herndon, VA
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.