Applicants are advised that relocation of our Washington, D.C. metropolitan area offices is in progress, from offices near the White House and in Herndon, Virginia, to Capitol Hill and Tysons, Virginia. Anticipated completion in 2019.
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 62,000 pilots at 34 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Web/Mobile Developers for our Herndon/Tysons, Virginia office. The Web/Mobile Developer gathers user requirements, performs systems design and analysis, and develops and tests Web applications that can be complex. S/he provides input for the lifecycle development of Web projects, allowing for integration of corporate technical architecture standards and strategy. S/he collaborates with Web Architects, Web/Moble Developers, other technology specialists, and often with other departments in the implementation of projects and strategy. To be successful, s/he researches, identifies, and recommends design and technology infrastructure alternatives and assists in their design when appropriate. S/he ensures consistent use of technical architecture standards and assists with complex problem resolution efforts and may also provide recommendations and information to management regarding technology direction and/or drawbacks and glitches.
Routine responsibilities include being thorough and precise in his/her work; testing websites and identifying any technical problems; and, keeping up to date with advances and international Web standards and protocols and how they affect the business environment. (Current operating environment includes Sitecore, DNN, and Aptify.) The successful candidate is an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, and consistently exercises skills in creativity, concentration, and understanding their client/customer base.
Travel: 5 - 10 %.
Interested applicants are requested to submit online portfolio link(s) showing previous work.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., Computer Science, IT, Web Applications, or related field, from an accredited college or university required; master's degree or completion of post-graduate courses in related field preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
* Five (5) years of related experience required, more strongly preferred. Additional applicable experience may be substituted for the academic requirement.
* Web design, mobile applications development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), and database management required.
* Expertise with Visual Studio .Net; ASP.Net; C#; Xamarin; Java; SQL Server; and, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required.
* Knowledge of the Microsoft .Net Framework and client/server-side architecture required.
* Experience with .Net-based CMS systems strongly preferred.
* Expertise with Web/Mobile-based security and familiarity with authentication environments, particularly ADFS and Identity Server, strongly preferred.
* Experience with requirements gathering, design, and working with systems analysts strongly preferred.
* Advanced knowledge/skills troubleshooting/debugging .NET code; UI/frontend design; Windows IIS server setup; and, Web services strongly preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
* Must be a self-starter with professional maturity and sound judgment, capable of independent decision-making.
* Must possess exceptional time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; and, transition easily between projects.
* Software: Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, and converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel locally and nationally; international travel may be required infrequently. Also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, may be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Relocation not provided.
Sponsorship not available for this position.