The Agency is interested in IT Modernization efforts and Re-skilling and Workforce Transformation. Re-skill and up-skill employees impacted by IT modernization efforts, evolve workforce to more 21st Century skill sets and work practices, and enable the workforce to drive successful IT Modernization efforts going forward utilizing in-house talent.
The Web Designer designs and builds web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools. Designs and develops user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements. Contributes to the design group's efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization's online offerings. Designs the website to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to external communications. Ensures website(s) is available to the desired audience with appropriate links and security. Develops, assesses and communicates website usage and security policies and procedures. Designs web page layout, graphics, color schemes and infrastructure to maintain a cohesive website based on the organization's communications strategies and goals. Researches and evaluates new related technologies. Understands 508 compliance and ensure web pages are 508 compliant according to the customer's standards.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of experience as a Web Designer.
* Experience with a variety of software development lifecycle methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
* Ability to work with customer to understand and elicit requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
* A solid grasp of user-centered design and human factors user testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
* Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
* Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
* Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies.
* Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability