Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Web Designer
-in Washington, D.C. Area
* Designs and builds web sites using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools.
* Designs and develops user interface features, site animation, and special effects elements.
* Contributes to the design group's efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization's on-line offerings. Designs the website to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to external communications.
* Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website.
* Responsible for interface implementation. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
* Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
* A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development, with at least 7 years experience in Web-based design/development.
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program.
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
* Extensive knowledge of and experience with designing and building Web-based software systems.
* Extensive experience designing and developing user interface features, site animation and special effects elements.
* Extensive experience with at least two graphics software applications, along with relevant design techniques and tools.
* Extensive experience collaborating with other Web designers/developers to enhance Web site look-and-feel to support the organization's external communication strategies and goals.
* Possesses strong navigation and site design instincts.
* Excellent communication skills.
This position requires United States Citizenship, or a valid Green Card/ have lived in the US for the past 5 years and eligibility to