VP of Consumer (Mobile) Engineering
At AnchorFree, our mission is to provide secure access to the world's information for every person on the planet. AnchorFree has grown into a service with millions of users in nearly 200 countries. Our flagship products, Hotspot Shield and Betternet, regularly top the App Store charts in Productivity and enables millions of users to securely and privately access the Internet every day. Last year, AnchorFree closed a $295 million investment led by WndrCo and Accel Partners, with further development plans for Hotspot Shield and other products in our suite.
AnchorFree is seeking a VP of Consumer Engineering with the technical depth and breadth to manage mobile, desktop and web teams for a family of consumer security and privacy products. This role reports directly to the SVP of Engineering and is a great opportunity to lead the teams responsible for improving and adding to the Anchorfree portfolio of consumer products.
* Lead mobile (iOS and Android), Desktop (Windows and MacOS), Consumer Web (website and consumer back-end) teams for Anchorfree portfolio of products
* Partner closely with infrastructure, product, marketing, UI/UX and R&D teams to build and improve consumer products downloaded over 700 million times
* Work with senior engineers, leads and managers to help create common shared architecture across product lines as well as building pluggable components
* Work closely with the data/analytics infrastructure and teams to experiment and iterate quickly
* Influence company-wide technology decisions as a member of our engineering leadership team
* Influence quality and productivity improvements through development of new and improved procedures, process innovations, training, and collaboration
* Fostering a culture of operational excellence, accountability, innovation and collaboration.
* Providing technical leadership and grow technical leaders within the team
* Hiring technical staff and managing individual performance
* Actively taking on mentoring responsibilities.
* BSCS/EE or MSCS/EE
* 7+ years of engineering experience building mobile/desktop as well as consumer web products
* Experience leading geographically distributed organizations of 30+ engineers and managers
* 5+ years managing managers and members of a technology team including QA
* Experience with mobile automation frameworks
* Experience using third party tools ex: for A/B testing, reporting, attribution and analytics
* Experience working in the consumer space and understand building applications and technology that delight and engage consumers and foster growth.
* Expertise in software engineering best practices for coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
* Ability to dive into technical and architectural details at a granular level
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams
* Highly energized with a passion for software craftsmanship
* Ability to juggle priorities
AnchorFree Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive salary
* Excellent employee stock option plan
* FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
* Free food and drinks
* Foosball, Gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
* Free shuttle from San Francisco & other commuter benefits
* Dog friendly office