Job Opening ID:
00296703 VoIP Network Engineer (Open)
VoIP Network Engineer
IT, Telecom & Internet
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for managing the installation and maintenance of Core networking equipment. The incumbent provides knowledge and direction to more junior Network Engineers. The incumbent is also responsible for executing networking engineering tasks and developing expertise in the desired network engineering field.
Advanced knowledge of computer internetworking and the protocols used to support Voice and Data networking. Advanced knowledge of servers and operational characteristics of an enterprise computing environment. Ability to design and implement multi-protocol networking hardware, software, and systems. Ability to respond to rapid changes in technology, corporate, and departmental goals.
* Manages the installation and maintenance of Core networking hardware, software, and systems.
* Mentors and provides expertise to more junior Network Engineers in operational network tasks.
* Executes network engineering tasks such as obtaining and configuring network hardware.
* Works closely with the Associate Engineers by resolving complex network events.
* Begins to develop and apply expertise in a chosen primary field of network engineering while maintaining knowledge in network engineering as a discipline.
* Provide technical support to clients using Cisco CUCM, Jabber, Expressway and Unity
* Implement upgrades, changes and new designs to the Cisco VoIP/SIP collaboration system
* Help in troubleshooting and isolation of issues and problems as they occur.
* Ensure availability of all network voice and collaboration resources which include route/switch infrastructure, WAN networks and wireless support.
* Design and implement remote networks for start-up facilities.
* Manage the internal infrastructure to include; wiring, equipment changes, vendor coordination and process management.
* Provide technical support to internal and external clients in all aspect of voice and collaboration networking.
* Ensure the availability and stability of the network environment, as required by our customers.
* Support the architecture of the voice and network environment by enforcing deployment practices, build procedures, and change management.
* Provide alerting, monitoring, and reporting for supported systems that will promote continuous operation.
* Work closely with infrastructure, helpdesk, and computer operations to ensure that all client/server network related problems are resolved quickly and professionally.
* Provide solutions that allow for unattended operations that remain within budget.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
Expertise gained through experience or through training in the following areas:
* TCP/IP Networking
* Basic Route/Switch knowledge
* Basic knowledge of wireless networks
* Technical Communications skills
* Problem Determination and Resolution
* Technical End-user Support
* Technical Test and Implementation Plans
* Timeline and Project Management
* Business Requirements Identification and Management
* Disaster Recovery Principles and Procedures
* Feasibility and cost estimates
Expected proficiency in the following areas:
* Cisco CUCM, Jabber, Expressway
* ACME Session Boarder Controller
* Unity voice mail system
* Individual Time Management
* Individual Organization
Bachelors degree in Computer and Information Science, Engineering, or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; plus 7 years of experience in Network Engineering.
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Cisco Certified Network Professional
Bachelors: Chemical Engineering, Bachelors: Civil Engineering, Bachelors: Computer and Information Science, Bachelors: Computer Engineering, Bachelors: Electrical Engineering, Bachelors: Industrial Engineering, Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering
Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Cisco Systems, Inc., Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - Cisco Systems, Inc., N+ (Network+) Certification - Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA)
Configuration Management (Extensive Experience), Hardware Infrastructure (Working Experience), Local Area Networks (Working Experience), Technical Troubleshooting (Working Experience), Voice Networks (Working Experience), Wide Area Networks (Working Experience), Wireless Technologies (Working Experience)
Begins to develop and apply expertise in a chosen primary field of network engineering while maintaining knowledge in network engineering as a discipline, Executes network engineering tasks such as obtaining and configuring network hardware, Manages the installation and maintenance of Core networking hardware, software, and systems, Mentors and provides expertise to more junior Network Engineers in operational network tasks, Works closely with the Associate Engineers by resolving complex network events
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."