Vaxcom Services, Inc.
Vaxcom Services Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of intelligence related support services. We are recognized experts in Intelligence Community with subject matter expertise in the areas of Technical/IT Services, Operations, and Intelligence Services.
Active TS/SCI clearance is required.
VMware Administrator Ballston, VA
The VMware Administrator will be supporting the development of system capabilities from the identification of requirements through the deployment of capabilities through the requirements definition, designs and develops system-oriented products and prepares related installation, testing, operation, and maintenance specifications and instructions. Defines and analyzes architecture to establish operating conditions, conducts tests, define and analyze engineering proposals and related technical data to determine feasibility of developing new capabilities and/or modifying existing capabilities. The candidate should be proficient with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, and collaborates with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Project Teams, and Government entities.
* Participate in a rotating On Call coverage for after hours and weekends support.
* VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments.
* Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
* Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots.
* Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
* Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
* Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
* Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required.
* Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
* Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management.
* Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
* Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments
* Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM
* Strong knowledge of VMware to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite
* Solid understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN
* Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure
* Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure VMware services and applications
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
* Six (6) or more years of Systems Administration/Engineering experience
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree.
Vaxcom is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
For additional information about Vaxcom Services Inc., Xator Corporation or the position, please email John at email@example.com.