Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Virtualization Design Engineer to join our team. As a trusted Virtualization Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support for the network to include: installation, maintenance, security, and day-to-day monitoring of virtual infrastructure.
* Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
* Maintain and administer applications, custom monitors and custom reports.
* Coordinate and manage overall system maintenance.
* Recommend and implement test sets to provide root cause analysis and resolution for alerts and events and resolve incidents in response to escalated tickets.
* Develop and execute software, testing, and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
* Design and customize software to optimize operational efficiency in cloud-based environments.
* Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V tools and VMWare Update Manager.
* Develop and Integrate virtual storage console.
* Perform virtualization integration with New File System (NFS), IP Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Fiber Channel (FC).
* Execute data store design and management.
* Support virtualization capacity, performance design, and management.
* Manage virtualization high availability/disaster recovery solution design and integration.
* Complete Virtual Switching (Vswitch) design and configuration.
* Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
* Perform tasks of virtualization administrator, managing user and group permissions and security design.
* Initiate security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services.
* Support evaluating virtualization and network consolidation.
* Perform virtualization integration with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, SQL 2012R2, external storage devices utilizing LUNs, quota distribution and file sharing and installation on various server hardware.
* Perform system integration with Host Based Security System (HBSS).
* Ten or more (10+) years of related experience
* Ability to work with cluster file systems and other technologies to provide redundancy and availability for server farms and applications.
* Experience with Hyper-V WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).
* Must possess demonstrated proficiency in key solutions such as Data Sharing, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Disaster Recovery preparation, and integration of these capabilities with Cloud Computing and Cyber architectures.
* Experience with administering the most current versions of Windows Operating Systems and Windows Operating Systems environments, virtual infrastructure platforms, and working with vendor-neutral virtual networking solutions and technologies.
* Must possess knowledge of virtualization concepts, virtual and storage networking protocols, such as Fiber Channel protocols and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI).
* Candidate must be a US Citizen
* Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician Level III (one of the following required):
* CCNP Security
* CISSP (or Associate)
* Must possess ITIL V3 Certification
* Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Veritas, EMC Corporation, NetApp, or Tivoli, or resume as accepted by Government demonstrating sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Quantico, VA
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.