Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
UX Development Manager - Information Security Office
As a UI/UX Development Manager, you'll work primarily on user interface and design but will also require a strong full-stack background in API, microservices, and backend technologies. We leverage both emerging and traditional technologies like NodeJS, Angular, React, Python, REST, HTML/HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure, just to name a few. We are a fast-moving, cyber-focused team and can provide ongoing opportunities for you to grow and expand your skillset.
This role is for development on the Enterprise Threat Modeling Portal application, which is a new internal tool for enabling the enterprise to use threat modeling best practices when approaching software development, business processes, and decisions. The software will provide a intuitive interface to reduce barriers to entry both initially and ongoing for those uninitiated to threat modeling and provide enhanced capabilities for initiated users.
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
* Establish a ground-up UI/UX supporting API and database backends
* Continuously improve software engineering practices, adhering to and improving best practices around code quality, consistency and reuse
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Lead and/or mentor other UI/UX and full-stack engineers
* Bachelor's degree or military experience
* At least 5 years of experience of software development with HTML and CSS
* At least 2 years of experience of software experience with Angular/React
* At least 2+ years' experience with Frontend testing tools (Protractor, Jasmine, Karma)
* At least 1 years' experience with Node.js
* At least 1 years' experience with Git
* At least 1 years' experience with Agile/Scrum
* At least 1 years' experience with SQL in RDBMS; Postgres SQL is preferred
* At least 1 years' experience with No-SQL databases; MongoDB is preferred
* At least 1 years' experience with CI/CD, test & deployment automation (Jenkins, GitHub, Chef, CloudFormation, ATDD, Docker, Ansible)
* At least 1 years' experience with Cybersecurity (Threat modeling, architecture, and testing best practices)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.