We are looking for an experienced UX designer to join our Data Infrastructure team. In DI we build the tools and infrastructure that powers all data based work within Spotify, including personalization features such as Discover Weekly, and the business critical royalty calculations. Our platform is used every day by engineers, scientists, and analysts from all parts of the company, and our work has a direct impact on how fast Spotify can move.
What you'll do
* Lead design projects for the Data, Machine Learning, and Insights platforms, focusing on providing a cohesive user experience
* Assist in defining and gathering requirements from stakeholders and customers
* Help identify and prioritize impactful features through guerrilla research and workshops
* Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to develop viable concepts
* Work directly with the engineering teams to implement new features and iterations and ensure quality standards are met
* Partner with teams across Spotify to contribute to our broader tool suite
* Contribute to creating and maintaining our design system, participate in team critiques and reviews, assist in user research, organize customer events and design workshops
Who you are
* You have a passion for complex problems and tools. We do not work on Spotify's public-facing apps or marketing; we build internal tools for other Spotifiers. It's crucial that you are excited by this. The rewards come from getting to solve real problems for your colleagues and from having the liberty to move fast and innovate. On our team, designers also have the opportunity to work across multiple teams/products
* You have skills/interest in both UX and UI design. You will be doing user research to understand the general problem space, designing overall interaction flows, and also executing fine-grained interface work
* You get excited about data. Spotify has amazing data, and we work with it heavily. To make our data useful for other Spotifiers, we need to be able to explore and understand it ourselves. It's not a hard requirement that you can query or analyze data, but you should have experience working with data-focused applications or data storytelling, and you should have a lot of zeal for diving into this problem space
* You are great at collaborating. Working on engineering-focused teams, usually as the only designer, means you have to be a great collaborator and communicator. You are able to understand engineering goals and problems, and to persuade engineers of the goals and processes of design. You should be comfortable with working within an agile structure that is usually more geared toward engineering.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.