Summary Salary: Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Team: Creative, Marketing Location: Chicago - USA Description
Dyson has a Center of Excellence for the Americas that brings to life the global approach to communication at the regional level, executing market-driven digital campaigns and site development. This position will work collaboratively with our strategy, creative and site merchandising teams to deliver a friction free consumer experience that ensures understanding of and confidence in our machines, distinct commercial benefits to the business, and ultimately enhance Dyson's reputation as a leading technology company.
This position reports into the Americas Creative Director, and requires a UX Designer who is truly passionate about creating world-class experiences, throughout the consumer journey, from strategy to campaign development through to the site experience and re-marketing and owner experience. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, incredibly fast-paced environment where you will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on our digital experience, working on exciting new digital projects that bring together our latest technology and designs.
You will be responsible for the experience of core journeys for Dyson's digital campaigns and commercial website. You must be confident in your design process, understanding the underlying structure of cross-channel experiences and how they affect multiple audiences. You will be adept at balancing user-experience with technology, commercial and time requirements, and must be able to think broadly about the impact and application of interaction design.
You will be used to gathering insight from a variety of quantitative and qualitative sources, knowing the right research to undertake should there be any gaps. Your portfolio will demonstrate that you use an evidence based approach to design, and you advocate testing at all phases.
* Gather user requirements through analyzing data, current systems and business best practice.
* Present ideas for feedback and iteration, and help facilitate and coordinate the implementation of a project from start to successful completion.
* Discuss technical design for complex requests with team members to obtain optimum web application.
* Generate innovative concepts to link end-users' needs with data science solutions.
* Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
* Collaborate with data scientists and designers to evaluate projects, design API and code interfaces.
* Participate in internal and external development groups and presentations.
* Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
* Explore and evaluate possibilities of deploying automation in business processes to enhance business efficiency.
* Develop and implement Web & Mobile applications.
* 3+ years of experience with web and mobile front-end development
* Strong knowledge of Programming C#,C, Java, Java scripts, VB.net , .net MVC 5,ASPX.Net , HTML 5 , JAVA , CSS and IIS & web typography
* Angular.js, React.js or similar application framework
* User interface design based on UX research, A/B testing
* Fundamentals of design, layout and typography
* Understand accessibility and security compliance , user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
* Strong hybrid web & mobile development skills, experience taking mockups and turning them into standards compliant mobile applications and achieving cross-platform compatibility.
* Strong in large relational databases and SQL Programming.
* Fundamentals of data analysis and visualization
* Able to write create iOS application / Android and publish in apple store or Google play
* Use of Sketch, prototyping software (such as Flinto, Axure)
* Adobe Indesign, Photoshop
* Analytics (e.g. Google, Appsee, Adobe)
* Understanding of web development, native app development and other digital technologies
Benefits Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you'll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it's an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.