Expanse helps IT operations and security teams discover, manage, and secure all of their global internet assets. Current Expanse customers comprise more than 10 percent of the routable internet and they use the company's platform to monitor for real-time changes to their infrastructure. Using leading-edge collection and analysis technology, Expanse improves organizations' visibility, governance, and IT operations, reducing risk associated with internet-connected assets and enabling a secure digital transformation. Founded in 2012, Expanse is headquartered in San Francisco and is now backed by more than $135M in funding.
The USG Technical Deployment team is responsible for the successful implementation, execution, and relationship management of all USG engagements with Expanse. This team sits between Sales and Engineering to deliver maximum analytical value to our end users, ensure strong product engagement, drive renewals and expansions, solicit product feedback, and scope new product features.
Technical Deployment Managers are crucial to ensuring the success of our engagements with USG clients, thus enabling Expanse to build a new cybersecurity product category. This role will identify processes, product features, and deployment strategies that pave the way for Expanse to scale quickly both within existing customers and to new customer bases. USG Technical Deployment Managers will work with senior team members and executives across Expanse to continually improve product performance and impact, effect customer retention, and facilitate rapid feedback loops between product, marketing, and our users.
What You'll Do
* Training users on the technical functions of the Expander platform
* Leadership briefings at customer sites to ensure understanding of Expanse's capabilities and engagement progress
* Defining the global Internet sensing vision for our customers, in part by assisting them with the operationalizing of Expanse Expander. This often requires assisting them with workflow development, implementation of Expander into existing toolkits, and understanding their most pressing technical challenges
* User engagement and adoption; understanding the unique bureaucratic environments in which the user operates.
* Customer training with Expanse products and services.
* Leadership briefings.
* Analytical support at customer request; guide customers through analytic workflows within Expander, participating at all stages of customer investigations to drive wins; this requires mastering our product capabilities and providing ongoing QA support for Expander.
* Technical troubleshooting (in collaboration with Engineering team)
* Serve as "customer advocate" with members of product management and engineering to improve Expander
* Solicit and document customer feedback using qualitative and quantitative methods - Write and disseminate detailed engagement progress reports to relevant team members across Expanse
Renewals and Expansion
* Manage clients and procurement to facilitate contract renewals and customer expansions on products and services
* Ideally 4-6 years experience in technical client engagement and/or technical intelligence analysis
* Knowledge of government/military organizations and functions; e.g., understanding organizational structures, hierarchy and how to apply Expanse use cases to target audience
* Ability to systematically analyze challenges with the end goal of optimizing adoption
* Strong oral communication, including presentation skills, and presence
* Aptitude to learn new technical content
* Advanced understanding of broad cybersecurity issues (plus, not a requirement)
* Collaborative attitude
* Clearance: Minimum Top Secret
* Travel expectations of 25-30%
* 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
* Flexible PTO + 8 company holidays
* Company sponsored parental leave
* 401k Plan
* Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
* $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
* $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
* $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
* $300, one time, to customize your desk space
* Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
* Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner
* On-site activities such as Lunch and Learns, Speaker Series, Game Night, and Trivia Night
* Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
* Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email email@example.com to learn more!
Expanse Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.