User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer
Req #: 18404_1
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Category: Corporate
User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer - Associate
This role is responsible for designing the visual layout and functional behavior for web-based systems with the goal of enhancing overall appeal to the end user experience.
This position requires expert knowledge of wireframing software with additional competencies in Adobe's creative studio, front-end markup/styling techniques, and a firm understanding of font-end development frameworks. Consult with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business objectives and presents innovative design solutions that maximize web-based usability.
This position requires a technically skilled, creative user experience expert with excellent communication skills and experience managing multiple projects. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Secondarily, this role will also contribute to the development and delivery of the user experience for applications provided by the firm as commercial software products used by clients in conjunction with Crowe or on a stand-alone fashion to augment the management of their businesses and/or perform internal functions.
Focus will be on supporting and contributing to the interactive design and defined behavior specifications in the development of creative innovative user interaction designs, ensuring a consistent experience across service and product lines offered by the firm.
This role must have knowledge of Crowe's new product development processes to enhance user coordination with the products developed for commercial licensing. This role will work closely with Information Services (IS), New Product Development (NPD) Market Development and Sales (MDS) and Crowe's Business Units (BU's) and Industry Horizontals (IH's) to create products and services that differentiate Crowe in the marketplace.
* As a developer on Crowe's UIUX Team, you will be responsible for creating the front-end piece of applications throughout the firm.
* The ability to communicate with back-end developers and transferring code
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
* Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
Skill sets required include:
* Sketching, concept creation and wire-framing, producing sitemaps and user flows
* Ability to help create prototypes
* Strong sense of design thinking and an eye for aesthetics
* Communicates clearly and often, but can work effectively independently
* Ability to create low-fidelity wireframes and quickly iterate based on feedback
* Able to synthesize multiple points of feedback into a thoughtful solution and response
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability to execute on good user experience
* An understanding of front-end development frameworks such as Bootstrap
* Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and related tools
* Able to work successfully in a collaborative work environment with a variable mix of managers, content strategists, developers, and other designers
* Able to handle tight deadlines with multiple projects within a corporate environment
* Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5, CSS3, and JS.
* Experience developing user-facing software.
* Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Vue JS, and React.
* Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of UI and UX design.
* Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
* An understanding of the principles of accessibility and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
* Great communication skills and ability to articulate your design and coding approach to project stakeholders
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with front end technologies and/or front end frameworks.
* UI motion design
* Experience with database design
* Prototype design with Adobe XD
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
About the Team:
Firmwide (FW): Firmwide is comprised of the Office of the CEO and COO. The OCEO is responsible for developing strategies and implementing plans approved by the Executive Committee. In addition, the Office of the CEO ensures counseling, leadership, support, advice and assistance as necessary to all partners and firm administrators.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you.
How You Can Grow:
We will cultivate your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach who will guide you in your career goals and aspirations.
Learn more about where talent can prosper.
More about Crowe:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.