Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
FinTech Senior Associate - DBA / DA / Unix Admin for AML Innovation Lab
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. The Advisory Practice includes Business Consulting (BC), Business Risk Services (BRS), Transaction Services (TS), Enterprise Technology, Strategy & Innovation (ETSI) and Financial Services (FS and FinTech).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Experienced DBA/DA Admin with Unix/Linux experience that can assist staff for both in-house activities as well as support client engagements in the Innovation space. Additionally, should have experience with cloud based server models, containers and clouds resource management and maintenance in MS Azure environment. Understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning concepts, applications and data implications, a plus.
Specific skills include:
SuSupport internal and client engagements (AML, Analytics, Risk and Compliance) built on relational DB platforms:
* DBA - Ability to maintain, allocate and optimize resources for the following DBMS:
* MS SQ/Srvr
* Oracle 12c (cloud) and 10g/11g (grid)
Support internal and client Analytics engagements built on Big Data platforms:
* Big Data - Understand, build and maintain Big Data stores and data lakes including HDFS Distributed DB, Azure Data Lake store and Data Lake Analytics.
* Ability to use Hadoop based tools like Hive, SPARK and Cloudera as well as HDFS NoSQL for data analytics
* DA - Ability to build, maintain and track data dictionaries, data lineage and analyze/assess data issues and solution
* Unix/Linux - Knowledge of and ability to administer and troubleshoot issues in Unix and Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat). Ability to do shell scripting, environment variable settings and installations using ksh, csh, bash, yum and rpm.
* Ability to execute on data assessments and data reconciliations on various client engagements in the AML Innovations space
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work additional hours as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
* Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically - whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.