The Tesla Design team is looking for an outstanding visual and UI design intern. Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principles. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
You will be working on the most advanced vehicles in existence today and tomorrow.
* · Apply knowledge of UI design to develop mock-ups, new interaction models, and navigation schemes
* · Develop pixel perfect comps and assets for all projects.
* · Create and make decisions that implement a design language that is consistent throughout the Tesla UI platform (in-car, mobile, etc.).
* · Concept and brainstorm on future features UX and UI design of the car
* · Strategically imagine, conceive of, manage, and drive UI design projects from concept to implementation.
* · Act as liaison to provide feedback and ensure design integrity of projects between interaction designers, software engineers, and project managers.
* · Analyze and interpret recommendations from other business groups in order to prioritize functions and develop a project roadmap with project managers
* · collaborate with interaction designers, software engineers and project managers
* · Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, or Interaction Design
* · A portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work with a strong graphic design sensibility
* · Experience creating world-class experiences for web, mobile or devices
* · Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes
* · Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and other design tools
* · Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique