About Momentum Design Lab:
Based in San Francisco/Silicon Valley for the last 15 years, Momentum Design Lab is a premier user experience (UX) software design and development agency focused on creating enterprise and consumer software products. Momentum designs and builds rich, engaging software products across any combination of devices and technology platforms (i.e., web, mobile, automobile, TV, consumer electronics and other "Internet of Things" devices) to meaningfully connect users to systems.
Momentum is comprised of deeply experienced product strategists, UI/UX designers and software developers passionate about solving complex problems using cutting edge design and technology. Over the last 12 years, Momentum has worked on more than 500 software projects in the following sectors: financial, ad tech, marketing automation, healthcare, human capital, analytics/big data/business intelligence, Software as a Service (SaaS), Backend as a Service (BaaS), collaboration, entertainment, supply chain, travel, gaming, electronic learning, and cloud network, storage and virtualization software.
Momentum is seeking a design intern to join our team. An ideal candidate would be a student or a recent graduate, a quick learner and a hustler, and a team player who wants to get their hands dirty and collaborate with the entire team.
At Momentum you get your chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact. Intern responsibilities will focus on the creation of UX wireframes, but can span to include the following (based on skills and interest):
* Create attractive, high quality UI/UX designs, of both low and high fidelity. Ability to execute visual design is a plus.
* Involvement in end user research to explore, uncover and analyze end user requirements during field studies, user interviews etc
* Collaboration with staff members on interaction design
* Must be proficient in Adobe CC, Balsamiq or other wire-framing/prototyping/web technologies, HTML5/CSS3 is a plus.
* Background or knowledge in Usability testing and User Centered Design is a plus.
* Examples of work via a portfolio is required for qualification.
* Flexible work hours
* Paid internship; minimum 3 months commitment
* Ability to work on a variety of projects for various industries and technologies
* Ability to learn more about the industry and gain agency experience
* Casual and fun work environment
* Downtown San Mateo office location (easy and accessible via public transportation)