RSG seeks a talented and versatile travel modeling analyst to assist with the development and application of state-of-the-art transportation models in our Chicago, IL; Arlington, VA; Portland, OR; Evansville, IN; White River Junction, VT; or San Diego, CA; offices.
AS A TRAVEL MODELING ANALYST
Your work involves data development, data management, and data analysis using standard databases and GIS, as well as statistical analysis and programming to support the development and application of travel forecasting models. Your work also involves a wide range of transportation modeling activities, including model design, data analysis and scripting, development and evaluation of forecasts, and documentation of technical work. More specifically, modeling activities include specification and estimation of models, data analysis, scripting, model implementation, software development, and calibrating and validating model components. You are part of a team that is dedicated to developing innovative best in class models, software and forecasts for regions and states throughout the US.
You have good technical judgment and work as a team player who is a resourceful, clear and creative thinker. You are amiable and have strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills that enable you to create and communicate complex technical materials in clear, concise and meaningful ways that technical and non-technical people will understand. You participate in meetings with team members and clients, and you manage your tasks on time, within budget, and to the pleasure of your clients.
* Bachelors degree or higher in a quantitative field, such as engineering, math, computer science, or geography
* 0-3 years experience in transportation and/or land use models, data science, or a related field
* Scripting experience with Python (pandas, numpy), R, VB, GISDK or similar
* Experience with and understanding of database and statistical software (e.g. SQL, SAS, R, Python)
* Effective in a variety of communication settings: one-to-one and in groups; with peers, supervisors and clients; in-person and long distance
* Experience with one or more transportation modeling packages (Cube, EMME, TransCAD, and/or VISUM)
* Experience with software development tools such as GitHub, version control, issue tracking, testing, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to work virtually with geographically dispersed teammates
* Desire and ability to learn and understand new data science technologies
* 100% employee-owned company with employee stock ownership plan
* Award winning culture and workplace flexibility: