The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
As the Transit & Rail Advanced Signaling / Signaling Technical Leader you will be our go to expert in all areas of traditional signaling systems, but also our innovator for new and advanced technologies that will help shape the solutions that we bring to light for solving our client's highly technical transit and rail needs. Working with other members of our leadership you'll establish a team and grow the transit/rail system practice as well as mentor/develop staff involved with systems such as PTC, CBTC, traditional signal systems and seek out new innovations in rail signaling for the global practice. During your time with us you will also have the opportunity to serve as a project manager for major transit system projects and coordinate / supervise the work of a transit system staff professionals and technicians during the entire project to complete project on schedule. You will also serve as a high-level industry point of contact between clients and our company. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for the next generation of rail systems in the US and beyond.
* A Bachelor's of Science Degree plus at least 15 years of theoretical and applied experience in advanced signaling systems
* Professional Engineer in NY or ability gain in 1 year
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
* 20 years of experience in project/engineering management with least 5 years in field with a manufacturer or installer and at least 5 years client side with a consultant or transit agency
* 10 years of experience on large metro systems such as NYCT, London Underground, Hong Kong MTR, and Singapore MRT with a strong preference for experience with clients in Greater New York Metro Demonstrable expertise in the full life cycle of rail signal systems and the engineering thereof including train planning/modeling, block design, RAMS, system design, vital and non-vital logic programming, installation, verification validation, commissioning, and asset management
* Meaningful and significant project experience implementing positive train control or ERTMS Level 2 and CBTC; as well as traditional signaling systems of all types
* Ability to demonstrate comfort with being viewed as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves complex and technically challenging problems while planning, developing, and implementing projects or design activities which have significant impact on major transit system programs and 24/7 live train operations.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.