Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Tools Engineer. You will enhance the cyber security posture of seven (7) civilian government agencies through improved implementation and enhancement of network monitoring and control tools and processes. You will actively identify and mitigate a wide range of cyber risks and will also work closely with a variety of agency stakeholders, supporting their mission, priorities, organization and unique challenges. This opportunity will support a dynamic, fast-paced and energetic project focused on improving federal cybersecurity at the seven target agencies over the next six (6) years.
* Work with a highly technical team focusing on integrating next generation cyber security technologies for a strategic federal customer.
* Activities include hands on administration, implementation and configuration of security tools to enhance the risk posture of customer networks.
* Apply technical expertise in implementing efficiencies and creating strategies to better detect and respond to cyber incidents by prioritizing mitigation actions.
* Ability to collaborate and lead a diverse group of security engineers in developing solutions for complex challenges.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* Day-to-day activities include working with customer teams and supporting current tasks and activities.
* Running and analyzing network captures across a variety of agency networks and sub-networks
* Define, implement, and manage Network Access Controls in line with agency policy and security best practices
* Work closely with customer delivery managers to prioritize daily tasks.
* Participate in technical meetings with customers' technical specialists.
* Provide tier 2/3 support for incidents relating to security tools/solutions.
* Continuously improve customers' security deployments and integrate new technologies and services
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
* Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience configuring and administering network environments including NAC and VLAN
* Experience implementing security technologies with Splunk, Tenable, BigFix, Web Inspect or DB Protect.
* Works closely with customer's network and operations team to resolve issues or security concerns of tools/services.
* Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+, CEH.
* Experience as a network engineer supporting Federal civilian agencies.
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.