Insurance Auto Auctions is searching for a Title Service Specialist to join the team. This position can be located anywhere in the United States.
The Title Service Specialist is responsible for the training of new and existing title employees on the applications and workflow in a branch or service center, through their knowledge of title processing and thorough understanding of title laws and IAA standard business practices. This person will assist with title processing when necessary. The person in this position will facilitate the integration of new branches and service centers by understanding their business practices and integrating them into IAA policies and procedures. This involves formulating a training plan and working it to its completion.
Founded in 1982, Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. is one of the leading North American salvage auto auctions. We have exclusive focus on the automotive total-loss industry and over 150 corporate owned facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide Sellers and Buyers with the best solution to process and acquire total-loss, recovered-theft, fleet lease, dealer trade-in and collision damaged rental vehicles.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Assess an operational situation and status of an employee or branch title operation and organize a plan of action.
* Assist in the development of new title training programs.
* Coordinate and plan the title training for a branch and its employees.
* Facilitate a variety of title training presentations to groups of all sizes.
* Analyze title work flow within a branch and interact with employees to suggest improvements.
* Update existing training programs as necessary to reflect IAA's Best Practices.
* Participate in User Acceptance Testing to recommended changes to title applications.
* Analyze and recommend changes to designs affecting field users.
* Must be able to assist with title processing as needs demand.
* Assist with catastrophes in the role of a first responder. Prepared to contribute assistance over several weeks at a time.
* Assist with the screening and hiring of new title staff when necessary.
* Perform supervisory duties during turn-over or service recovery assignments.
* Complete reports and assessments for upper management for each assignment.
* Expected to correct reported title issues post audit.
* Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills essential
* Extensive experience (5+) in title processing or comparable work experience
* 3 years' business knowledge and branch experience preferred
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows operating systems
* Functional experience on IAA Operating system preferred
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills a must
* Candidate must show demonstrable history of tactful and positive dealings with all levels of personnel within an organization
* Position requires 95% Travel time
* High School diploma
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status.
IAA is a drug-free workplace. EOE