* Provide day to day support of software, workstations, mobile devices, accessories, and printers.
* Prioritize ticketing system flow.
* Coordinating Support Sessions with Users
* Work with technology vendors to solve ticket issues
* Documenting each service ticket with detail.
* Train and Mentor other T2 and T1 technicians.
* Follow SOP per environment and escalation process.
* Fill in for T1 technicians as needed.
* Identify recurring or systematic issues.
* Meet outlined KPI goals
* All T1 Qualifications including 1+ year experience as a T1 on our support desk.
* Possess CompTIA A+ Certification
* Have passed or are in process of CompTIA Network+, Security+.
* HS Diploma or GED
* Excellent soft skills:
* Verbal and Written Communication
* Team Player & Collaborator
* Excellent customer service
* Quick, but not at the expense of accuracy.
* Windows OS (7-10)
* Obtain the skills to troubleshoot 99% of desktop related issues.
* Windows Server OS (2008+)
* Must have near-complete familiarity with all reporting tools provided by the operating system to view logged problems. All other problems must be identified according to application behavior. Including Event Viewer and the ability to dissect the issue using information provided.
* Windows Exchange Server (2007-2016, O365)
* Ability to narrow down email problems including failure to deliver, failure to receive, and infrastructure-related problems that may be preventing email flow. Must exercise tools provided by the OS or by external sources to identify the problem.
* Office 2010-2016
* Mac OS X +
* Command Prompt and Windows Powershell
* Understanding of LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, MX Records,
* Complete familiarity of the OSI Model
* Understand basic commands such as ipconfig, ping, nslookup, etc.
* Content Filtering
* Active Directory and Group Policy
* Creation, Deletion, and Modification of user accounts and security/distribution groups.
* Understanding of group policy and the ability to dissect, enable, disable created policies.
* File Sharing
* Basic understanding of file shares, file share permissions, and NTFS permissions.
* Ability to dissect/modify/change file permissions, folder permissions, share permissions and NTFS permissions.
* Network Printers
* Adding to PCs via direct IP and/or print server
* Remote Desktop Services/Cloud Service/IIT Cloud Workspace
* Understands a RDS/TS server functionality and purpose.
* Ability to manage RDS users and software.
* Understands the difference between a local session and a cloud session.
* Ability to troubleshoot cloud connectivity and server issues.
* VMWare / Hyper V
* Understand virtualization and how it works and its purpose.
* Understand how to login to manage VMS to:
* Power On-Off VMs
* Check VM Status
* Create and Modify VMs