Requisition ID # 3509
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology and Supply Chain
Job Location : Concord
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.Its the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Cybersecurity function is led by PG&E's Vice President - Chief Security Officer and is responsible for cybersecurity and risk management across the organization.
The Security Intelligence and Operations Center (SIOC) is responsible for ensuring that PG&E proactively identifies and assesses threats to its user and operational network and data, monitors its network for malicious activity, investigates intrusions and other relevant events, and has a sophisticated and detailed understanding of the evolving threat landscape.
The SIOC is a 24/7 operation. Shift flexiblity is a must. Current vacancy is as follows:
Days Worked: Monday - Friday
Hours Worked: Swing 2:00PM-10:30PM
Currently located in Concord, CA, this position is in our Security Intelligence and Operations Center and is responsible for monitoring, detecting, and responding to cybersecurity activity across PG&E's telecommunication and data computing infrastructure.
Response could include but is not limited to: troubleshooting, analysis, diagnosis, communicating with stakeholders, and resolution or coordination of resolution via support groups or business units. This position is on one of three shifts and requires the ability to think analytically, work collaboratively, and document all work being performed.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
* 4 years of relevant work experience within security information technology
* Formal IT Security/Network Certifications such as: CompTIA, SANS GIAC, ISC², CCNA
* Utility Industry experience
* Prior SIEM experience - Security Information & Event Management system, log aggregation and event notification tool such as IBM QRadar
* Ability to reverse engineer malware
* Familiarity with regulatory requirements such as NERC/CIP, NIST, SOX etc.
* Extensive experience in industry well known as well as open source Network and/ or Host forensic tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Extensive experience in network security monitoring, network packet analysis and / or host and server forensics
* Strong networking knowledge - TCP/IP protocols, OSI model, Firewalls and other networking devices
* Experience in packet analysis and malware analysis
* Strong customer service skills and decision-making skills
* Good analytical skills - ability to analyze and think out of the box when working a security event
* Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PowerShell
* Self-motivated, methodical and detail oriented
* Monitor incoming event queues for potential security incidents; identify and act on anomalous network activity
* Perform proficient forensic analysis using security tools and monitoring systems to discover the source of anomalous security events.
* Perform hunting for malicious activity across the network and digital assets
* Perform detailed investigation and response activities for potential security incidents
* Analyze complex malware analysis through endpoint and network traffic forensics to determine if PG&E systems are impacted.
* Develop innovative monitoring and detection solutions using PG&E tools and other skillsets such as scripting
* Work with Security engineering team to analyze SIEM use cases
* Recommend implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
* Ensures all pertinent information is obtained to allow for the identification, containment, eradication, and recovery actions to occur in a time sensitive environment
* Collaborates with technical and threat intelligence analysts to provide indications and warnings, and contributes to predictive analysis of malicious activity
* Mentor junior staff in cybersecurity techniques and processes
* Create and continuously improve standard operating procedures used by the SIOC
* Monitor external event sources for security intelligence and actionable incidents
* Must comply with any regulatory requirements