At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to participate in the manual and automation testing of various web-based projects that integrate over various systems, including: third-party financial account linking tools (think Mint and Personal Capital), call scheduling, email delivery, CRMs (Salesforce), and complex financial planning interfaces and algorithms.
You will be under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager of a team with an already-established, mature testing process. Your role will be that of a "full-stack" Test Engineer.
Someone who has a strong appreciation and skill in manual / exploratory testing with the capability of writing automated and performance tests (time and training is allotted after hiring to learn our automation framework).
Your general milestones are the following:
* Within the first two weeks, be able to jump head-first into an ongoing project and ask the appropriate questions / do the appropriate research to effectively construct test cases and understand what needs to be done in terms of integration / regression testing and eventual deployment.
* Within one month, understand the basics of node.js and our automation framework (written in node.js) to the point in which you can contribute basic automation tests.
* Within two months, be able to discuss high-level functionality and infrastructure of entire
website. You should understand all basic user flows and how the technology behind it works.
* To learn node.js to working proficiency within 4 months.
* Within five months, be able to build out entire features leveraging our current automation
test infrastructure (written in node.js)
* Within six months, be able to write basic performance tests in Jmeter.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
* Proven results of delivering and process improvement (with references).
* Working proficiency of at least one programming language.
* Experience using Selenium.
* Can move quickly. Everyone here is incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
* Whip-smart team that is very friendly and always willing to lend a hand.
* Tons of room for career growth. Test engineering team especially is growing rapidly.
* Highly competitive salary
* Amazing Benefits
Req ID: 25448
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 07/03/2019