Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Job Title: Test Automation Developer
Location: Merrifield, VA
Test Automation Developer will work as part of the applications development team, which is responsible for developing, testing and maintaining applications to support the business functions of the organization. Provide advanced to expert level knowledge of Java, micro services based architecture, automation test tools and participate in the planning, designing, maintenance and running of automated tests. Use expertise by developing test scripts and analyzing functional tests for web based software and APIs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* As a member of a distributed Automation and Performance Team, the candidate will participate in defining and applying the automation strategy in the development and maintenance of automation frameworks, solutions and test scripts, with a particular focus on package software container testing.
* Candidate will be responsible for accelerated development of advanced, complex, and comprehensive automated test scripts both from scratch as well as utilizing existing frameworks.
* Candidate will be responsible for developing and modifying automated test scripts to conditionally run in multiple test, development, and production environments.
* Candidate will provide software system testing support, verification of code and certification that all deliverables meet customer requirements and are free of software defects and/or bugs across the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
* Candidate will partake in occasional software deployment testing, regression testing, script development, performance testing, performance analysis, etc., which may occur outside of normal working hours both on weekdays and weekends and/or involve overtime.
* Candidate will participate in Agile team activities such as daily scrums, creating tasks, working on user stories, etc.
* Using clear, concise and meaningful communications, the candidate will work closely with software engineers and other project team members to successfully test and assess ongoing development within demanding schedules, as well as, produce test cases and other Postal project documentation.
* Candidate will design and prepare test plans and related test case scenarios based on documented, and sometimes undocumented, system requirements and/or business rules.This may include positive and negative test cases, regression test case procedures and documentation for simple to complex business functionality.
* Candidate will create and maintain the documentation of test cases and test results and participate in defect reviews to see that quality criteria are upheld.
* Candidate will enter and manage defects in an automated defect tracking system ensuring that all defects are entered with adequate information to assist developers in reproducing the problem, as well as, working with the development teams to identify the root cause of the problems.
Qualifications and Experience:
* US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency and residing in the US for the past 5 years.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience (focus in technical field a plus, for example: engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field) plus at least five (5) years of professional experience
* Minimum of 4 years of experience dedicated primarily to automated test development and/or micro services development.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience programming in Java and using related IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and develop very complex solutions and algorithms by writing quality maintainable custom functions, methods and class objects in Java.
* Minimum of 3 years of dedicated or concentrated working experience with REST or API automation testing.
* Minimum of 2 years of knowledge in Git (or similar subversion), Maven (or similar tools ANT/Gradle), Jenkins (or similar tools)
* Strong experience with Apache Kafka
* Strong experience with Github, Jenkins or equivalent, Maven, Linux/Unix shell scripting.
* Strong familiarity with XML data structures, syntax, and validation.
* Familiarity with Linux environment and shell scripting
* Solid experience navigating and working with relational databases via SQL
* Strong experience in automated test driven development, continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
* Woman-Owned Small Business
* VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Affirmative Action Employer
* Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply