This position is primarily accountable for PBX telephone systems, telecommunications and voice network installations, repairs and upgrades. Responsibilities include product testing of all telecommunication systems, including operating systems enhancements and equipment upgrades. Planning, evaluating, installing and performing maintenance procedures for telecommunication systems and infrastructure are additional functions. The Enterprise Telecommunications Administrator II is also responsible for delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. The Enterprise Telecommunications Administrator II supports the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Services Organization, and the organization as a whole.
* Actively participate in the planning, installations, support and maintenance of PBX telecommunication systems.
* Identify issues and concerns and communicate them to the Supervisor. Develop options and recommendations.
* Oversee the technical and operational training of less experienced staff in voice and telecommunications procedures.
* Demonstrate significant knowledge of PBX telephone system installation, configuration, and modification including operating system implementations and support. Be able to implement, configure, modify special programming functions such as IVR, and call center.
* Coordinate the activities related to testing of telecommunications upgrades and enhancements. Work with vendors during product testing to ensure a successful upgrade.
* Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
* Responsible for the documentation and upkeep of telecommunications technical standards and procedures.
* Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance as instructed by supervisor.
* Produce and maintain technical documentation on the assigned systems.
* Produce required department reporting associated with projects and problems assigned. Documentation includes current status and problem documentation summary within the problem management system.
* With minimal guidance, define boundaries, set priorities, plan and manage multiple projects. With guidance, develop detailed project schedules for all assigned projects, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
* Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
* Provide effective Customer Service by being courteous, polite and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledge customers immediately in order to determine need and help the customer resolve issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Regional Operations Manager.
* Bachelor degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent industry experience (4 years) recommended
* Working knowledge of microcomputer, and telecommunications strategies, environments, applications, operating systems and equipment.
* Project Management.
* Problem solving skills.
* Patience, strong customer service skills.
* Multi-tasking ability.
* Time Management.
* Detail oriented.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Four years of increasingly responsible experience in coordinating corporate telecommunication systems recommended.
* Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with enterprise level telephone systems including operational support of 3,000+ user networks.
* Ability to troubleshoot, evaluate and diagnose problems and recommend and implement solutions.
* Knowledge and experience with trunking, automatic route selection and routing of phone calls.
* Experience with cabling standards
* Knowledge of uniform dial plans and direct connectivity with multiple telephone systems.
* Knowledge of PSTN lines and trunks (copper and T1s).
* Knowledge of connectivity with other vendor telephone systems.
* Knowledge of connectivity with other equipments, such as dictation, time clocks, fax servers, CDR etc., via analog, T1 and IP.
* Working knowledge of VoIP phone set needs, including DHCP and TFTP and IP addressing schemes.
* Participate with Internetworking team to implement VoIP and IP trunking.
* Knowledge and experience with IP trunking and routing between telephone systems.
* Experience performing firmware updates to Avaya telephone system components.
* Knowledge of CDR/SMDR/Call Accounting applications used for capture and analysis of telephone usage for trunking and long distance analysis.
* Knowledge of Call Center configurations, processes, data capturing, reports and analysis.
* Experience at implementing and supporting telephone system networks based on AVAYA Technology.
* Experience at implementing and supporting telephone system networks based on Cisco Technology.
* Provide leadership and training to other staff members
* Provide advanced level training to super users of telephony features and capabilities.
* Good communication skills, both written and oral
* Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel & customers
* Participate in multi-party projects spanning
* Update all applicable troubleshooting procedures/documentation
* Four years of increasingly responsible experience in implementing corporate telecommunication systems preferred
* AVAYA, Cisco
* Valid Driver's License