Are you an innovative, passionate, results oriented hands-on technology manager with a background in production support of custom developed and Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) applications? If so, we have a great opportunity for you to join our award-winning team as Permit Arlington Application Manager within the Enterprise Applications Division.
In this position, you will use project and task management skills to lead and manage the daily operational efforts of a centralized, multi-disciplinary team of skilled techno-functional staff who support a hybrid COTS and custom-built software application designed to manage the County's building and land development and permitting activities. With the direction of the Application Manager, this team of employees and contractors provides technical and functional support services to internal and external users of Permit Arlington ensuring that the applications and its interfaces perform in a reliable, efficient and economical manner.
The technical work associated with this position is highly complex and requires working collaboratively with representatives across the County and within DTS to ensure the success of the system. The incumbent will collaborate with a Project Manager working on a second phase of the Permit Arlington system implementation, and will collaborate with the Permit Arlington Program Manager and a 3-member sponsor committee from the key implementing departments, as well as provide matrix supervision to shared system and project staff.
For more information on the Department of Technology Services (DTS), please click here.
Specific duties include:
* Designing, developing, planning scope and prioritizing application change and enhancement requests while maintaining quality assurance and solution testing, training, implementation, and support;
* Managing software patches and upgrades as well as scheduled and unscheduled maintenance;
* Managing daily operations and end-user support for internal and external customers and resolution of all technological user issues affecting production operations;
* Acting as a bridge between the user community and other enterprise functions within DTS to ensure effective End User Support for access requests, service requests, training, and usability issues while documenting end-user support in a technical environment;
* Leading incident response meetings for major production impacting events related to Permit Arlington, communicating effectively to leadership and end users on status and impact;
* Developing staff work plans and schedules, setting priorities, soliciting input, providing direction, mentoring and managing performance and setting performance goals;
* Establishing and maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for Permit Arlington services;
* Managing vendor relationships, including oversight of the license, hosting and maintenance agreements; highlighting and working with the vendor to resolve security vulnerabilities and other performance management as needed;
* Monitoring and maintaining application performance and facilitating resolution from the vendor as necessary;
* Providing business impact analysis and communicating the impacts to management; and
* Remaining current with new technologies and industry standards for application and relevance to the system.
The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills to effectively engage, persuade, influence and articulate technical business issues and solutions to a variety of business and technical stakeholders and exceptional time management skills and delegation skills with the ability to track and ensure the success of multiple simultaneous projects.
About Arlington County
Arlington has been named the No. 1 'Digital County' in the nation for its size by the Center for Digital Government and the National Association of Counties. The award recognizes counties that are leaders in the innovative use of information and communications technology.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in information management, business administration, or related field and significant responsible experience in managing teams in supporting custom and COTS software that involved extensive customer/stakeholder support, interaction and issue/problem resolution.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
* Extensive professional experience in Applications Management including contract management for cloud and 3rd party hosted systems / SaaS;
* Strong customer service orientation along with the ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and influence staff at all levels within the organization;
* Expertise in business process engineering, full project life cycle management including business requirements development, solutions design, stakeholder coordination, implementation, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), ongoing support;
* Exceptional analytical, technical and diagnostic skills, ability to lead incident management efforts, troubleshooting efforts;
* Experience working within a Microsoft Platform and Server/Desktop operating systems; and/or
* Experience with Oracle database; Java Scripting; and Crystal Reports; and/or familiarity with Accela's Civic Engagement Platform, OnBase workflow or similar systems.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week position with flexible hours. Occasional, evening and weekend work will be required.
Salary listed above is effective July 1, 2019.
In order to fully credit relevant experience, please ensure that you have included, on your application, details of education and work experience which reflect the minimum and desirable qualifications stated on this job announcement. A resume may be attached to the application; however, it will not substitute for the completed application.
NOTE: This position is listed as "open continuous." Interested applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants referred on a continuous basis. Interviews will be conducted on a regular basis throughout the recruitment with candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs. If your application is received later in the recruitment process, it may not be reviewed or considered. The application process will close when the position has been filled or when a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Arlington County Government employee benefits depend on whether a position is permanent, the number of hours worked, and the number of months the position is scheduled.
Specific information on benefits and conditions of employment can be found on the Arlington County Human Resources Department website: www.arlingtonva.us/pers.
Permanent, Full-Time Appointments
All jobs are permanent, full-time appointments unless otherwise stated in the announcement. The following benefits are available:
Paid Leave: Vacation leave is earned at the rate of four hours biweekly. Leave accrual increases every three years until eight hours of leave are earned biweekly for twelve or more years of service. Sick leave is earned at the rate of four hours biweekly. There are eleven paid holidays each year.
Health and Dental Insurance: Three group health insurance plans are offered - a network open access plan, a point-of-service plan, and a health maintenance organization. A group dental insurance plan is also offered. The County pays a significant portion of the premium for these plans for employees and their dependents. A discount vision plan is provided for eye care needs.
Life Insurance: A group term policy of basic life insurance is provided at no cost to employees. The benefit is one times annual salary. Additional life insurance is available with rates based on the employee's age and smoker/non-smoker status.
Retirement: The County offers three vehicles to help you prepare for retirement: a defined benefit plan, a defined contribution plan (401(a)), and a deferred compensation plan (457). The defined benefit plan provides a monthly retirement benefit based on your final average salary and years of service with the County. You contribute a portion of your salary on a pre-tax basis to this plan. General employees contribute 4% of pay; uniformed public safety employees contribute 7.5% of pay. Employees become vested in the plan at five years of service. The County also contributes to this plan.
For general employees, the County also contributes 4.2% of pay to a defined contribution plan (401(a)) . The County also matches your 457 contribution, up to $20 per pay period, in this plan. The 457 deferred compensation plan allows you to set aside money on either a pre-tax (457b) or post-tax (457 Roth) basis up to the IRS annual limit. New employees are automatically enrolled with a pre-tax contribution equal to 2% of your base pay.
Other Benefits: The County also offers health, dependent care, and parking flexible spending accounts; long-term care insurance; tuition assistance; transit and walk/bike to work subsidies; a college savings plan; wellness programs; training opportunities; and a variety of other employee benefits.
Permanent, Part-Time Appointments:
Part time employees who work ten or more hours per week receive paid leave and benefits in proportion to the number of hours worked per week.
Limited Term Appointments:
Benefits are the same as permanent appointments except that the employees do not achieve permanent status.
Temporary Regular Appointments:
Temporary regular employees who work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for health, dental, and basic life insurance as described above. They are also eligible for vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Temporary Seasonal and Occasional Appointments:
Temporary employees who work on a seasonal basis or variable hours receive sick leave, but do not normally receive other paid leave or benefits. Exceptions are noted in individual announcements.
Describe your experience with the following: •Managing a team in supporting a portfolio of custom and COTS software in a technical environment. •Implementing or supporting Accela Civic Platform or your experience implementing or supporting any other land development, building, and permitting software; and •Oracle database; Crystal Reports; and Java Scripting
Agency Arlington County
Address 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 511
Arlington, Virginia, 22201