Infosys is seeking a UNIX Shell Scripting Developer- In the role of Technology Lead, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design. You will play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts. You will also deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Location for this position is Irving, TX. Candidate must be located within commuting distance or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel to project locations.
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
* At least 4 years of experience in Information Technology
* At least 6 years involvement of designing and developing applications on UNIX/LINUX platform using Shell scripting and PL/SQL
* Experience in RedHat/CentOS Linux,UNIX/Linux Shell Scripting (Bash and Korn),PL/SQL
* Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL
* Ability to analyze and achieve in depth understanding of existing applications, workflows and environments.
* Track record for developing of complex multi-user systems with concurrency and transaction management.
* AWS familiarity including fluency with EC2, RDS and S3.
* Good knowledge and working experience with agile tools and frameworks (CICD, GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, etc.)
* Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment and work with offshore teams.
* Ability to research new areas and come up with ideas and solutions.
* Aptitude to work independently and produce results in a fast paced, team environment.
* Ability to learn additional frameworks and implement it in the project.
* Provide guidance, assistance, coordination and follow up on client questions, problems or malfunctions related to the applications and associated systems.
* Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
* Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
Nice to have:
* Ability to develop application using C/C++ and Pro*C big plus
* Acquaintance to Tuxedo (must understand and explain what is Tuxedo, components of Tuxedo and why and when Tuxedo can be used)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as service oriented working attitude.
* Teamwork skills to coordinate their efforts with the work that's being performed by other design and development professionals.
* DB2 and Informix knowledge a plus.
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.
Infosys is a global leader in technology services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to create and execute strategies for their digital transformation, staying a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help clients transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
From engineering to application development, knowledge management and business process management, we help our clients find the right problems to solve, and to solve these effectively. Our team of 200,000 innovators, across the globe, is differentiated by the imagination, knowledge and experience, that we bring to every project we undertake.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin