The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for the tracking, resolving and escalating incidents, and monitoring systems to ensure the highest levels of availability and adherence to service level agreements. Accountable for the technical and operational overview of all supported desktop and mobile applications as well as inventory device management for mobile devices. This includes monitoring, correcting, and troubleshooting day-to-day issues for all supported applications and products. The Mobility Support group provides support for internal and remote users and is the first point of contact for technical support issues. It will interact with staff in understanding, notifying and working to resolve incidents.
* Assuring the highest levels of availability for all monitored applications and products including general site availability.
* Assessing and troubleshooting errors, matching incidents against known problems and errors, then providing a solution or workaround.
* Escalating incidents to support areas and management based on set thresholds, and monitoring the progress of escalated incidents.
* Creating and updating incidents accordingly within the ticket tracking system with detailed incident and resolution information. Notifying appropriate personnel and users upon issue resolution.
* Troubleshoot issues such as account login issues, email configuration, application errors and device functionality, and remote device connectivity.
* Teach end users how to connect to applications and train them on basic application usage such as Outlook, Excel or Word. Assist new hires with logging in and obtaining appropriate access.
* Update documentation to record new equipment installed, new sites, and changes to computer configurations. Maintain an inventory of laptops, workstations, servers, and network hardware.
* Work on projects associated with Mobility Support related tasks (i.e., reports, application testing and deployment, application upgrades and enhancements, device upgrades, process improvements, etc.)
Assist in inventory tracking and management. Responsible in scanning equipment and updating appropriate systems and processes.
INCUMBENTS ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
* Good troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to work independently when assigned a task and follows it through to completion.
* Ability to make sound, quick decisions to recover application availability to customers.
* Ability to work in a team and independently fix issues with little or no supervision.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
* Detail and process oriented individual.
* Ability to work in fast paced environment
* AA/AS degree or high school diploma; equivalent experience may be substituted. Bachelor's degree a plus.
* Certificate/Associate Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology desired.
* 2 to 4 years in Desktop Administration or other support role.
* Work variable shifts, including occasional weekends and available after hours during on-call rotations.
* Experience in assembling/disassembling computer hardware and components.
* Understanding of Windows OS and troubleshooting
* Understanding of Android Mobile platform and troubleshooting
Work is performed in a normal office environment. Does not require physical activity other than that typically utilized in such a setting, working with standard office equipment (such as phone, fax and personal computers).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications Associated with the job.