The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing Level II technical hardware and software support. They will facilitate and resolve a wide variety of requests, inquiries and complaints with the use of their extensive technical knowledge of hardware and software. The Technical Support Specialist will work independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists users to resolve computer related problems such as inoperative hardware or software, including network connections. Resolve customer inquiries efficiently and effectively through the use of active listening and personalizing techniques with a constant focus on service excellence.
* Hardware Support functions include, but are not limited to, end user support, desktop support, laptop support, visiting office setups, and mobile device support. Perform computer imaging and post image configurations, preventative maintenance, and basic printer troubleshooting working with the vendor on repairs.
* Software support functions include, but are not limited to, troubleshooting of applications that are standard within Sidley's environment, installation and configuration of software, updates and preventative maintenance, and support of third party applications in coordination with vendors.
* Manage the assets that are both deployed and in inventory, maintain accurate Asset records for each user and each piece of equipment. Coordinate and perform Hardware moves, changes and exchanges.
* Provide break/fix support for telephones, including handsets, telephone cords and telephone base-units.
* Assist with projects such hardware or software upgrades, office moves and special events.
* Manage and process Hardware warranty claims and issues, and facilitate warranty repairs with third party vendors.
* Document and maintain user request and incident records in IT Service Management System.
* Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (the "Duties") above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Employees or applicants who need an accommodation should contact Human Resources. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:Required:
* BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years providing direct and exceptional user support in a high performance culture
* 2+ years of experience supporting Windows-based computers, including Microsoft Windows 10
* 2+ years of experience supporting VoIP Telephony solutions
* 2+ years of experience with enterprise imaging solutions for Windows-based computers
* 2+ years of experience supporting Smartphones, e.g., iPhone, Android
* 2+ years of experience supporting Microsoft Office Applications and Remote Access technology, such as Citrix
* Law Firm or Professional Services experience
* A+, ITIL and Microsoft Office Application certifications
* Experience using and supporting Adobe Acrobat, iManage Document Management Solutions, Avaya Telephony, Blackberry Work, and Mac in an enterprise as well as experience deploying operating systems with SCCM
Other Skills and Abilities:The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
* A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
* Ability to demonstrate an overall sense of urgency with daily tasks
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.