Successful candidate will be responsible for providing world-class technical support for our global customers utilizing our award-winning network management software. Candidate will be responsible for answering technical support questions via telephone, email and other channels as defined. The ideal candidate will have both technical credentials and a friendly consultative approach to solving customer problems.
* Respond to and/or initiate technical troubleshooting sessions with customers - via phone, email and remote session
* Interact with customers at all levels, with demonstrated ability to communicate with both the very basic user to the technically advanced (Network Administrators, System Administrators)
* Manage and work support tickets per industry best practices utilizing existing CRM systems
* Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical customers
* Coordinate the resolution of technical issues with Advanced Support Teams and escalate issues per pre-established guidelines
* Contribute to our Knowledgebase (author and edit knowledge base articles)
* Maintain working lab systems to facilitate reproduction of customer issues
* Other related duties as appropriate and required
* Reports to the Technical Support Manager
* At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in Network Administration/System Administration including experience
* At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in Network Administration/System Administration including experience with installation, service and administration of a medium to large multi-server environment
* Minimum 2 years supporting and administering network devices and systems including: routers, firewalls, switches, or wireless access points
* Knowledge of common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and Database Systems Administration
* Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience with Windows Server 2000-2019 logging and reporting concepts
* Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Windows platform (XP, Vista, Win7, Windows Server (2000 - 2019 etc.)
* Advanced troubleshooting experience (PC hardware/software, browsers, etc..)
* Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
* Experience in a 24/7/365 work schedule environment
* Professional certifications are a plus: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, etc.
* Bi-lingual - Spanish/Portuguese preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or work experience with installation, service and administration of a medium to large multi-server environmen
SolarWinds develops software focused on fault and performance management, configuration and compliance for managing networks.